Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

question about 163 trip computer.

767 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Having read the success story about installing the trip computer I was thinking about doing it myself.

My main question is, what do I do with the "tow enabling button" if I install the computer?

Where do cars with the factory installed trip computers have the tow button?

#7 ·
Gurneet...

Drew, I was just thinking, but wouldn't adding the trip computer require changing the overhead console also? There is no opening for the trip computer display to be seen on the overhead console in cars not orginally equipped the trip computer... correct?
Nice to see you here, finally [:)]

The trip computer is the entire overhead module in fact (not the lights though, I don't think), so it comes with the entire unit.

#8 ·
Drew,

Do you have any instructions on installing the trip computer. I checked the price...

Drew,

Do you have any instructions on installing the trip computer. I checked the price and was quoted $ 184 for the Trip computer. Do you think it includes everything i.e. if the console cover etc.. have to be changed ??.

Thanks

#9 ·
Sorry, no...

Drew,

Do you have any instructions on installing the trip computer. I checked the price and was quoted $ 184 for the Trip computer. Do you think it includes everything i.e. if the console cover etc.. have to be changed ??.

Thanks
I have absolutely no idea how to do it. However, you might want to ask the person here who managed to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.