Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

just did the install for the custom dead pedal. Bought...

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Bruce 
#1 ·
the part though Walmart ($15cdn, Stepshield II). Works great! It does not look out of place at all! Looks very stockish.

Installation was very simple. I used double side carpet tape to hold in place. If it doesn't hold later on, I'll use some plastic screws.

Note: You need to trim the bottom right edges a bit so it sits flat on the floor.

Scissors/knife, tape, 15min of time. Recommend this for everyone!

Thanks everyone for the help and links a few topics ago! [:D]

See less See more
#6 ·
are you using a different MB rubber mat? The one I have in the picture is...

also a MB mat but it doesn't cover this area.

#10 ·
OK, just to get it straight, you're not talking about the mats that come with the truck.

The black mat in the pic is the heavy duty mat tha MB sells as an accessory item. Do they come in sets of four or two and how much?

#11 ·
No...

The black mat in the pic is the heavy duty mat tha MB sells as an accessory item. Do they come in sets of four or two and how much?
I've never been able to figure out why anyone would stick to the stock carpetted floor mats in any vehicle. Obviously carpet is the easiest to get soiled. It's like wearing muddy shoes inside your home and then having to clean it off after. Why bother?! [?]

The mats are all-season rubber floor mats that are waterproof can be easily taken out and hosed off.

#15 ·
Drew im not sure i understand your point of not using the carpeted floor mats, feels mor...

Drew im not sure i understand your point of not using the carpeted floor mats, feels more luxurious to me. I can clean em up good if i need to.

#16 ·
Luxurious?...

Drew im not sure i understand your point of not using the carpeted floor mats, feels more luxurious to me. I can clean em up good if i need to.
They are not exactly wool plush pile mats that one would find in a Rolls Royce. I can't say that I share the same feeling at all. They slip around and get dirty way too easily. Unless you clean them all of the time, having dirt spots on the carpets don't look very luxurious to me!

[:p]

#17 ·
I got my rubber mats (the one with the dead pedal cover) about a year and a half ago in sa...

I got my rubber mats (the one with the dead pedal cover) about a year and a half ago in san francisco. It was a set of four mats for under $100. I don't remember exactly how much i paid.

#18 ·
My girlfriend thinks the carpeted mat is more luxorius.

My girlfriend thinks the carpeted mat is more luxorius. she likes them because she can take off her shoes and it feels like being at home. But since it's my truck and she doesn't want to help clean the mats when they get dirty, I've got the rubber mats. Also the rubber mats are great especially after a bike or snowboarding trip. All the mud just washes away very easily. The only thing is, I wish they made the rear mats one piece instead of two, so that it covers the center portion as well.

#20 ·
luxury

i don't know which is luxurious, but carpet gives you more color choices.

MB rubber mats are available in any color you want as long as it is black.

i've yet to find a rubber mat that
1) fits well (MB's do)
2) has depth (to hold mud,slush - MB's DO NOT)
3) is beige(ish) to go in Java interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.