Battery Replacement in Keyless remote - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2002, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '98 ML320
Battery Replacement in Keyless remote

My keyless remote battery is getting weaker. Is a replacement available outside of the dealership? Is the procedure for synchronizing the remote to the vehicle after battery change available in the forum?

Thanks!
Phil
phil7300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2002, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

I just purchased a new remote to replace a lost one. It cost a whopping $140 with program...

I just purchased a new remote to replace a lost one. It cost a whopping $140 with programming, so it's definately cheaper just to get new batteries. As far as the synchronization, check your owner's manual, it's in there.
MBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: '02 ML320
haven't replaced my remote's batteries. but i've replaced my sister's '01 C200's remote ...

haven't replaced my remote's batteries. but i've replaced my sister's '01 C200's remote batteries and it didn't need any synching.

also, i bought the batteries from the closest place i was when i needed to change them. it was a watch shop.
AlForaih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 02ml320, 95c220
diy job

you can easily replace the batteries (there are two batteries in each remote). just make sure you have the batteries before you throw away the old ones. the remote will loose its memory if it's out of batteries for more than couple of minutes (just enough time for you to take them out and check out the size of batteries) (if you take too long,the dealer has to reprogram it for you).
jameshsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: '02 ML320
you're absolutely right jameshsu...

which is why i recommend that you open the remote in a watch repair shop, as they're the most likely place to carry all kinds to button batteries.

note the battery part #, then refit the remote.

buy the required batteries, reopen the remote, replace the batteries, then refit the remote.

I don't know why, but some say it is better to wipe the button batteries before using them! but i guess that's a topic for another thread on a different forum [:D]
AlForaih is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class