Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

AMG Wheels on ML without Sportpackage

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chris.be 
#1 ·
Hi folks

I have a ML 270 CDI with OEM rims.

I am thinking of buying other rims for a bigger tire and using the OEM's for winter-tires.

Options :

- OEM rims from the ML 500 : tire-size = 275/55 R17
- Incenio Designrad (see picture) : tire-size = 285/50 R18
- AMG Rims (from ML 55) : tire-size = 285/50 R18

Does anyone know whether I should install new fenders (wider), or MUST install the AMG Sportpackage ?

Can anyone post some pic's of a ML with AMG rims, but without Sportpackage ?

I saw that the AMG rims can be ordered (Europe...) as a separate option. My MB-dealer is not quite sure and would check this with MB.

TIA !

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here ya go...

This is a pic of my ML a little while ago when I used to have the AMGs.

As you can see the wheels are flush with the fenders. If the water and dirt kickup doesnt bother you then you dont really need the flares unless your going for that wider beefier look.

#3 ·
I have an 2001 ML 320, no Sport Package with AMG 18" ...

My 2001 ML 320 has the AMG 18" with 285x60R18 Bridgestone Dueller tires, which are very quiet in my opinion. I have 36,000 miles in my vehicle and they still look and feel great. You don't need the sports package at all, and it looks great. I attached the photograph, but it looks a lot better in front of the actual vehicle.

They make your ML look very beefy and my friends just love those whells & tires and the size of them.. Really massive..!! [:D]

Performance wise there is no issue either. As a matter of fact, I have been seing the benefit of pulling for a longer time on all my gears, which gave me a good advantage since the ML engines have a good flat torque compared to other vehicle engines.

There is a 7% velocity off factor with this size of tire, so if you are going 66 mpg, then you are really going ~70 mpg. For your mileage, you need to add 7 miles for every 100 miles you drive. In my case, when I read 300 miles, then I should really read 320 miles.

AC

#4 ·
http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/pics/122650763813200282952PM.jpg

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/pics/122650763813200282952PM.jpg

#6 ·
Concerning mud...

Concerning Chris Y's note about more mud etc. that would be trown up against the car, I can tell you that this is already happening with the OEM rims and tires.

In fact I was already considering installing mud flaps, but IMO the car doesn't look nice with mud flaps.

About the rims :
I really like the incenio rims on the pic in my post, but the rims are quite expensive (two piece-rims) and not that easy to clean with those small bolts. AMG rims are much easier to clean.

Thanks all of you for the pic's !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.