Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W163/ML500 won't start/crank over/turn on

15K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Mercwheel 
#1 ·
Hi there!

This is my first posting. I tried reading other posts for same issue especially the one ML430 won't start/crank/turn over, but it was a bit confusing!

I have a 2003 ML500 that also will not start/crank over/turn on. This began after a dead battery replacement. The dash lights SRS/Airbag off only come on for about 4 sec then turn off in position 2; no other lights in the instrument panel cluster come on. Engine will not turn over.

New battery voltage has been checked and cranking power has been checked - no issues.

Radio, power seats, power windows, wipers, lights work (although I do have a burnt out low beam) . All fuses checked - all ok. No start error. No codes pulling. Tried resetting the FSS as it shows -8 days with two wrenches - will not work, keep getting a 45 1 after reset.

Key Fob has no LED light. Only have the 1 key.

I'm at a loss as to why ML500 won't start.

See less See more
#4 ·
I found a few things wrong; underneath hood, F16 was missing; replaced and all of the instrument panel still lights up. Car still wouldn't start. Checked all fuses under hood to make sure nothing else missing. All good; all has 12 v. Relays are where they should be. Went to check the auxiliary fuse panel passenger side inside cab and found K9 Relay/F26 missing for terminal 15. Can anyone tell me what that is used for? And where i might find a replacement.

#13 ·
Hi,
Had the same problem.
Disconnected battery plus terminal made a connection between the disconnected battery clamp, the one with all the wires not the actual
post battery terminal,and the battery minus terminal.used a piece of wire. then reconnected plus terminal and all worked ok.

hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.