Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MASS AIR FLOW BOOT...GONE.

703 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
How difficult is it to change out a “Mass Air Flow Boot” on my 99 ML430? Will I need special tools or have to take off lots of stuff to get it out? The back side is not very visible? I believe I’ll also need to change the rear seal?
I was always getting Air Flow codes before I discovered the tears in the boot…which caused me to replace the Air Flow Sensor twice to erase the codes. If this fix the problem I will have 2 good sensors left over! I thank you all in advance for your help.

#3 ·
The flex part of the housing right behind the Air Flow Sensor. I thought about using some kind of glue, but didn't feel too good about that? It still don't make much sense...I would get the air flow code, replace the sensor, and code would go away. The code would return about 3 weeks each time?

#4 ·
That flex part moves when you rev the engine. It may of taken a certain amount of drive cycles in a row to trigger the code. To get you out of trouble until you get a new one use some good quality electrical tape and stretch it around the flex part several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.