Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Oil cooler hoses leaking coolant

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Camatruder 
#1 ·
The hoses between the oil cooler and the oil cooler radiator are partly rubber and partly metal. The metal part from one line is leaking coolant. There's a little hole where it is attached to the frame, probably because of constant rubbing this attach.
Can these metal lines be replaced seperately or do i have to change the complete lines. I can not find parts on the web. Does anybody have part numbers?
Thanks.

#5 ·
Right on! Thanks Witek_M for the very fast effort.
MB dealer want 233 euro for it (!), that's about the same in USD these days.
Found a 2nd hand one in Germany for 60 euro but seller does not ship outside Germany.
I'll try to convince him to ship to Belgium or I'll use some kind of rubber hose.

#6 ·
Got Pictures of your leak ? It might help out.....

....especially since it's not a US Model, but many MB engines share features.

Does this Oil Cooler / Heat Exchanger mount to the front of the engine, right next to the Oil Filter Housing assembly ?

I have an M113, V-8, 5.0 Litre in our ML500 (suv) and it has such an assembly.

There are 2 short vertical coolant hoses that run from the finned aluminum cooler body downwards.

Maybe this is similar to yours ?

A Picture is worth a Thousand Euros, perhaps ?

LOL

Cheers - David in East Texas

#9 ·
It is one currency that almost all the EU member countries use as their currency.

Currently the EU is made up of the following independently governed countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. The UK is starting to leave after the citizens voted to exit the EU which is also dubbed Brexit. It has created quite a controversy.

#10 ·
David, It'll be a different part for the ML500 but it looks like the same setup.

Sparky1016, 233 euro is about 240 USD, so i used a 2 dollar rubber coolant hose. Up and running again.
Here in Belgium a private person pays at least dubbel than if you are a company and triple if you can afford a benz because that means that you are probably rich (which i'm not :( )
I can buy parts for an european car in the usa for 1/3 than here in a local shop incuding shipping and import taxes and a bonus is that the parts are delivered at my door. Very unfair, good for american economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.