Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Looking for roof rack cross bars

11K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigdaddyrobb 
#1 ·
Searching for roof rack cross bars to install on my 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320. Considering OEM or aftermarket (Yakima, Thule, etc), but would like to avoid cheap ebay bars.

I've been keeping an eye on local craigslist and scrap yards, haven't found much yet. Any other recommendations or ideas on where to look?

--

Also looking for some other parts as well..

1. Rear bumper cover (1998-2001 style)
2. Gas cap w/retainer strap
3. Passenger seat bottom (1998-1999 style - tan, heated)
4. Passenger side mirror housing (1998-1999 black plastic)
5. Spare wheel carrier bracket
6. OEM all-weather rubber floor mats
7. Rear cargo roller cover (black or tan)
8. Fender flares

#3 ·
Thanks for your response, I am planning to go with a large 'safari' basket but I'd still be interested to know what your asking price is for the whole system or just the bars if you do sell the box separate.

#4 · (Edited)
1. Rear bumper cover (1998-2001 style)-everything depends on whether or not you have a towing bar. vin# needed. See below.

2. Gas cap w/retainer strap-see below.

3. Passenger seat bottom (1998-1999 style - tan, heated)-what seat bottom? See below.

4. Passenger side mirror housing (1998-1999 black plastic)-see below. vin# needed.

5. Spare wheel carrier bracket-see below.

6. OEM all-weather rubber floor mats-go WeatherTech

7. Rear cargo roller cover (black or tan)-ebay

8. Fender flares-you're on your own.

Attachments

#5 ·
Enjoying our CargoLoc cross rails on our 02 ML500 & e-wagon....

Hi Komrade:

I was in your same boat. ML had no factory roof cross rails.

Our '00 e320 wagon came with them - bit of a rare accessory, but they didn't fit the ML (too narrow - the MB ones - ours, anyway) only fit the width of the e-wagon. ML is around 5" wider at roof rails.

So we searched & found a nice affordable alternative on Amazon.

Here's the review I wrote for them, hope it helps:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00GA2HKAU

Cheers,

David in East Texas :smile

#7 ·
Thanks, any photos of your basket set up?

#13 ·
I like your front & rear accessory bars....

But then I'm biased, because I have them on my Gold 2002 ML500, too.
(Our MB Truck needs a good name....)

Seeing your picture is the first other ML I've seen that has either, or both of them.

My front is the Bull Bar, the Rear I think is just called the Tube Bumper protector, made by Black Horse. (got them on amazon, $250 each)

How do you like yours ?

I think they greatly enhance the ML's look & give much needed protection.

Without them, fragile plastic is the first surface to make contact, that can crack them with even a super minor contact.

(I need to snap a pic with my smartphone showing them.)

BTW, How does the basket setup sound as speed on the highway ?

Cheers, David in East Texas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.