Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I get an audible BEEP, and then the odometer shows a flashing "-2"

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Carl Burr 
#1 ·
Hello and my greatest respects to all of the ML Gods that frequent this forum and provide all my would be ML miseries and WTF conundrums with vast amounts of wisdom, what for all the bumblefrickery that is working on your own vehicle in a snow drift with only the peter god gave you and a 6" crescent wrench passed down from good ole gran-dad. Thank You for all answers are typically answered by a swift search, however some fall through the cracks.

As the title states, for no obvious reason, or codes, idiot lights or the phase of the moon and what might or might not be passing through Sagittarius, I get an audible beep and then a flashing -2 shows where my odidli-volt-ohm meter usually tells me how much abuse has been put on the panzers engine. It drives fine, nothing acts or feels strange, only happens when driving and then goes away after 30 or so seconds. This started a few days ago and happens once daily with the engine at operating temp...

Thanks in advance for any and all!!:grin

#4 ·
Figured it out!

Thank V and Matt for your resposnes,... however my service A,B mileage for is at -38,500. When I bought it a year ago it had 217k miles and was I think around -30,000 or so. I have tried to reset with the procedure and it will not clear. I am thinking that it must be plugged in to Star to be reset.

I do 99% of my own work and do not like things to go long before I figure things out. As I was interrogating my wife, who drives the ML mainly she said once in a while a yellow/orange light on the bottom will light up and go off, then the beep and the displayed "-2" She then said usually when I'm driving hard around corners. I said ok then make it happen, sure enough goig through a long bend at decent speed the OIL light came on, the the beep and "-2". I told her to pullover and low and behold the dipstick was dry, 2 qts. of oil later, it was in the perfect hashed area on the dipstick and no more beep with "-2". So looks like I'll be tracking down an oil leak which will be easy with all the posts here on the forum.

This is my first Mercedes I have grown quite fond of it and I am still amazed at the little engineering nuggets I keep finding! I am currently at 226k motor is strong, trans shifts great with very little to no metal in the filter at last change, gonna see if I can get this Panzer to the 300k mark!!:devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.