Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Are you having password and login trouble?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Patman1 
#1 ·
From our admin:
Digmenow said:
Is anyone having issues to the extent that you've had to create a new account just to log in? If so, let me know via PM and I'll fix it for you.

Let me know what your original screen name is and if you have a new email address, include that as well.

Alternatively, you can reach me at digmenow@aol.com.

I'd also ask that you provide some nugget of proof of who you are, such as your old email that you forgot to update so that I know that you are who you say you are.

#2 ·
Thanks C. We might be changing the email to a shared account so that the other admins who are too chickensh... I mean, who have concerns about putting their email out there, can have a non-related account from which they can work, thereby speeding up the assistance to the lost tribe since up until now, most of the requests were coming to me.

#3 ·
I would be happy to put my email out there, but after testing and trying with several members I do not have the permissions as a moderator to save changes in their profiles.

A purple user name as a "super mod" just could not get the job done.

It made me feel ill to have ask for help, but there was nothing I could do other than to ask for help in the hosts' section.

Still feeling pretty unsettled knowing we are down about 20-30% of our regular members. I see the at mbworld posting, but not here. :(

#5 ·
I must admit this is the most difficult site I have ever dealt with when it comes to recovering and/or resetting email and password. The password field doesn't seem to accept the one I just reset when I'm trying to update my email address etc.....the password requirement is cumbersome as hell for such a low demand website.

#7 ·
Forum Search Error

I was able to successfully reset my password this evening. However, when I perform a search it directs me to a page with the a small header entitled vBulletin with the following message... "expected searchd protocol version 1+, got version '0'" without any results (the word searched is misspelled in the note).

I am searching under the W163 forum and simply using the word "defrost." I logged out and logged in, tried different variations of other words and tried the advance search and I get the same error message. I even searched for this message.

Any suggestions?

#10 ·
I'm in. Thanks.
I'm a first time MB owner. A few weeks ago, I purchased a one owner 04 ML350 with 218,000 miles on it. It has a few things (radio, tailgate, etc.) that need a little work. I put a little over 1K miles on it and it rides great. I'm looking forward to contributing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.