Hella FF100s in Black Installed!

647 views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  Voltaire 
G
#1 ·
My brother painted these for me. They originally come in white. <br>
<br>
Two parts: primer and the gloss black. Paint from Kragen.<br>
<br>
Fogs purchased from myroadster aka mymercedes. Price is worth it considering custom bracket. At the time of purchase, I had to buy my own nuts and bolts.<br>
<br>
Scraped my hands a little bit because of the narrow opening in the bumper where you insert the bolt. Otherwise, it was a good DIY project. Just like Drew, I liked the way the fogs shape integrated w. the ML's shape. just my 2 cents.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Re: Inside install and heads up.

First, Iwan has a better set of pix on the install using different fog lamps, same principle. Just wanted to show the black install and a little heads up.<br>
<br>
1) MB mislabeled the tags on the wiring harness. My label was attached to the temperature sensor. Thanks to JimB and Drew, we figured it out.<br>
<br>
2) Thanks to STEAD MOTORS in Walnut Creek, Ca for activating my switch free of charge. Stead Motor's has my business now even though they're 42 miles away.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.

G
#5 ·
Hey, they look great!

Very nice indeed! I think that they look even better on your ML since the black paint really contrasts nicely with the shiny reflectors.<br> <br> I see that you also painted the ivory backing of the foglamps black. I didn't bother with that, but they really make a difference on your black vehicle.<br> <br> Good job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.