Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

AMG Dual Exhaust Tip Pix

2K views 18 replies 0 participants last post by  Voltaire 
G
#1 ·
Hi everyone! This is a series of pictures on the AMG Dual Exhaust tip. This was imported from Germany since MB cannot bring it in. Roy from rrparts.com was able to source it for me. Cost paid was $399 + tax since I was in the same state where Roy does business.<br> <br> Thanks.

G
#6 ·
Re: Jim, I think there's something wrong w. the forum image box.

Voltaire, You have to download your pic to the site before you can copy and paste the link, in this case our site is down you can use MBWORLD site and borrow their pic. gallery then cut and paste the link.<br> <br> Yes, what you did is OK but you are the only one can see it because you are in your own PC. once you click it your PC will pick up the image from your own folder not from the site. Does it make sense? Because I had that experience B 4.

G
#7 ·
Would love to see a pic of your new exhaust tip! Also, i talked to roy

about getting the spare tire carrier for me. <br> <br> Anyhow, is $433 a good deal for them AMG Dual Exhaust tips? Does that price include installation? Did anyone else get a better price for theirs? Hmmm.....<br> <br> Thanks for your inputs!<br> <br>

G
#11 ·
Re: Install Instructions: AMG Dual Exhaust Tip

1) Need to go to a muffler shop to do the install.<br>
<br>
2) Angle of the AMG tip is incorrect. Need to customize a new hanger to avoid touching the bumper.<br>
<br>
3) The original OEM pipe will be cut about 15 inches. Keep this in case you want to re-install later. Thanks to JimB's advice.<br>
<br>
4) When you fit the AMG tip before the final weld make sure that you have it almost on the same plane w. your bumper. My first mistake was I thought it didn't stick out as much so my bumper was lifting and the tips were touching. The tips were pushed in too much.<br>
<br>
5) If you decide to do this yourself, make sure you leave an allowance on the OEM pipe for the AMG tip to slide in.<br>
<br>
Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. Thanks.

G
#19 ·
I arranged a group buy. Two or more $20 off, 10 or more $30 off.

Unfortunately, when I bought mine and no one bought w. me when I posted it awhile back. fyi, it took 3 weeks to order these.<br> <br> Chris, just a heads up. These are angled (see top view pics) so if you put these on the left side the angle would be skewed to the right.<br> <br> Perhaps you can swap the tips for the left side so they are skewed towards the left like the orientation on the right side. Confused yet? I hope not.<br> <br> LMK if you have any other questions. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.