Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My ml cut off

837 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Bruce 
G
#1 ·
Hello,<br> <br> I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what caused this situation. I drove off in my 02 ml320 today and at a stop sign,about a block away from my home, the engine cut off. The AC was on 72 degrees and fan speed was 4. My wife had the same experience yesterday but the engine did not cut off. I have 3100 miles on the ml and the tank was half full. The outside temperature was in the low 90's. Has this happened to anyone else?

G
#6 ·
Mine doesn't cut out, but it hesitates about a block from my house at a stop sign

and only if I come to a complete stop and try to take off right away. Also, usually happens between 40-60 F. I have a 2000 ML320, but the same thing happens to my parents 1999 E320????<br>

G
#7 ·
but he wasn't moving

Sounded like James stopped at the stop sign and then the ML died.<br> <br> Other questions for James:<br> 1) did it die as you were starting from the stop sign or stopping at the stop sign?<br> 2) what was the humidity?<br> 3) what part of the country are you in?<br>

G
#9 ·
I have had similar problems with my 02 ML. Dealer had it for a week. They told me that the computer in the engine will log in an error when something goes wrong. Mine had not logged in an error. I had a severe hesitation problem which for some mysterious reason has disappeared since getting it back from the dealer. Go figure... My ML has 9100 miles.

G
#10 ·
and, of course

what color is it?<br> <br> sorry, couldn't resist. click and clack are my favorite radio personalities, and they would be asking what color, and maybe whether it has side steps or running boards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.