Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dealer "B" Service (please read: Drew/Chris K. what do you think?)

717 views 8 replies 0 participants last post by  William Monte 
G
#1 ·
Just got my ML430 99 from Smythe in San Jose, CA. Great job on all warranty items, including fuel filter, pump, loop line?, Exterior Pillar trim, Windshield reservior cap, license plate studs, sunroof insulation, Rear interior quarter panel replacment, etc. As well as the normal B service items. But what is that new whining noice in the rear of the vehicle. Can't hear it when inside vehicle but outside it is pretty audible. I'll call them tommorow to see but any commments are welcomed. I'm assuming it has to do with the fuel sending unit which was also replaced?

G
#2 ·
It's probably the...

new supplementary lines and the larger filter. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Occasionally I can also hear a whine from my driver's side rear wheel area, even though Canadian MLs aren't affected by the factory recommended campaign.

G
#4 ·
Re: Ditto Drew's surmise as I got the same sound after fuel filter

Its the new fuel filter I had that replace on mine at Smythe and had the same problem, they replace the fuel filter and now its gone.

G
#5 ·
Another Problem.......................

OK so I picked it up and drove it home and everything was ok with the exception today. After driving to work, and just as I was going to shut the engine off, the 'check engine' light came on. I called Smythe and they said to check the gas cap and drive it a couple of days to see if it goes away. I don't think it will since the gas cap was already tightened.<br> <br> Any suggestions.

G
#8 ·
Not necessarily an oxygen sensor...

The check engine light could be a variety of things. They'll have to pull the codes from the computer to know for sure. Make sure that your gas cap is clicked 3 times at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.