Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Video of my car doing donuts...LoL, finally!

960 views 14 replies 0 participants last post by  Chris Krikorian 
G
#1 ·
I finally decided to get off my butt and get some video capture tools. The video is about twenty megabytes, fast connection is reccommended. I have smaller videos of some highway flyby's that I want to put also, those will be up in a few days. <br> Take care<br> <br> -Chris

G
#2 ·
Nice Fishies!

Wow...those reverse lights are really really bright!! Hyperlights...you said? Where could I get some of those? <br> <br> More videos! That looked really fun!! hahah....thanks chris!

G
#4 ·
LOL, nice, but...

Why did the video loop? It's a 1 minute 6 second clip looped twice, making it 2 mins 12 seconds and twice as large as it needs to be.<br> <br> You probably know this, but there is a trick to making the ML spin around completely. Well actually two tricks (or a combination of both). You can either use low range and then just plant your foot down so that you basically overpower the 4ETS, or you can get a little bit of help from the parking brake. <br> <br> I only discovered the latter last winter, but boy it works extremely well if you need/want to pivot the ML in a tight spot. Just be careful because the parking brake is surprisingly strong and will immediately lock up the rear wheels. If you don't release it go at the right moment, you might pivot a bit too far and hit something :)

G
#9 ·
Re: Totally Fast and Furious!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice Pete, due to the lack of snow I didn't want to push it to much further because I started to get down to asphault very quickly and you could hear it. Maybe if we got some stupid snow up here it would help. Believe it or not it only snowed 3 times this year with an average about 7'' per storm. Pretty sad ey?<br> Take it easy.<br> <br> -Chris<br> <br> P.S- Steve, PA was pretty good, too many meetings and lectures, I was exhausted, and over that a 13 hour bus ride with a flat tire!! What an ordeal.

G
#10 ·
Woops, thanks Drew...

I can easily do donuts just by shutting off the ESP. I'll try the 4low though ;-) There wasn't enough snow to do donuts in, it was getting dangerous. That was the first time I was using the video editing software, I never noticed! LoL. Next ones will be short =)<br> take care.<br> <br> -Chris

G
#12 ·
Remember that cameras have a hard time...

with that. What you see on the video is not necessarily what it is in real life. The bulbs are still the same 21 watt ones, unlike the 50 watt halogen bulbs which certainly put out far more illumination.

G
#13 ·
I changed the bulbs, they are the hyperwhite bulbs, they are like twice as bright!

They work great at night, especially through the privacy glass tint on my rear window, it's easier for me to see.

G
#14 ·
Aren't they just regular incandescents?...

that have a blue coating on them (to filter out some of the yellow spectrum)? Whiter light is often perceived as brighter. If they're the regular wattage, then there is no way that they can be THAT bright in comparison to the halogens, LOL.

G
#15 ·
They are incandescents, and the glass is blue to filter out the yellow...

They say that it's higher wattage, I've noticed a huge difference, my friend has a VW Gti and he was in back of me, and I put my reverse lights on and he said they were soooooooo bright. Because his car was low to the ground therefore eyelevel with my lights, hehe. But I noticed a big difference and when there are a lot of people around and I am pulling out of a spot everyone turns around and looks at my car because the lights are so bright, LoL. In any case, I can see much better at night, that's all I was going for.<br>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.