Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pictures form the first New England BenzSport Mercedes meet.

674 views 7 replies 0 participants last post by  Drew 
G
#1 ·
Here is the link to the thread with all the Pictures...

Attachments

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Re: Thanks Drew!

I'm actually ordering a set of the Silver bulbs from Bekkers, they are silver coated so you can keep the whole clear look in the front but when they blink it's orange. ***Note...I have tried the LED blinkers from APC and they do not work well at all, they are way too dim, I put them on the rear and you could hardly tell that they were even on***

G
#4 ·
Chris...

Ah ha, I wondered how the APC ones would function. Well the LED ambers that I have are the same ones that I have for the LED brake lamp bulbs. In other words, they're excellent! I'll keep you and everyone else updated :) I think that you may like them more than the SilverVisions.<br> <br> P.S. Did you have a problem with the signals flashing very rapidly (as if the bulb was blown) when you tried the APCs?

G
#6 ·
Interesting...

How did you test out the turn signals? I'm going to guess that you used the hazard lamp switch to try them out?<br> <br> I bought the super high intensity red LED brake lamps from formymercedes.com. Cost is now $19 each (lower than I previously mentioned). The amber bulbs are currently being worked on, but they should be $25 (includes a load equaliser to fix the rapid flashing issue).

G
#7 ·
Re: Interesting...

I actually didn't use the hazards because the hazards use a different relay and even if you do have a burnt bulb it doesn't rapidly flash. I just had someone sit in my car and flip the stalk.

G
#8 ·
You know...

I could never find the relay that the hazard lamps use. Did you manage to find it? I was hunting around in the fuse/relay box under the hood and in the passenger side footwell but came up empty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.