Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need ML55 Tire Help

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AMG NUZI 
#1 ·
I have a ML55 with 61000 miles, but in need of new tires. I've got 2 Continental Cross Contact 285/50R18 tires with great tread, but can't find 2 extras online or at local tire shops. Does any one have any Continental Cross Contact 285/50R18 tires available for sale?
What have my fellow ML55ers been using to replace the discontinued tire size?

#9 ·
I have a 2001 ML55 and also wrestled with replacing the 18 inch tyres. Read my posts No.1 and No.10 in the following thread (with photos) and you will see that purchasing 20 inch ML63 wheels and tyres can be a very good solution. In this market a lot of OEM ML63 wheels seem to get traded in when youngsters "pimp" their newly purchased ride with 22 inch wheels. I purchased two full sets of ML63 wheels with around 80% tread on Conti tyres for less than US$800 per set. The wheels are also 10 inches wide and look fantastic on the ML55, but you be the judge - see the photos.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/2108353-ml63-amg-wheels-my-ml55-amg.html

#10 ·
RJV great pics. I might have to go that route.
I wonder if the newer ML63 rims would fit? I think the newer rims come in a 20 or 21 inch size.

Darkmann, I've been hunting for months for the OEM 285/50/18 tire size, but i only come across extremely used tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.