Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

looking for the W163 service CD

811 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  AZml430 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just joined BenzWorld ! Looks like there is a ton of valuable info and tips to be found here. I just recently learned that there is a service CD available for the first generation ML, part number T-2700-163-05 . I have a 2000 ML430 that I bought new and I would like to have a factory reference source for it. My parts Guru at the dealer tells me this a good part number, but there is no inventory available anywhere in the USA. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell ? If not, perhaps someone is willing to make a copy for a fee ?
Thank you,
AZml430

#2 ·
There were two generations of the disc. I have the first one. I have not seen any new stock since 2007-2008. I have trying to snag a second generation one for years and no luck so far.
Once in a blue moon they show up on eBay. If you see a disc on eBay and it covers all models it is an illegal copy of WIS and most of them are a royal PITA to install and use.

#5 ·
Thank you. I do appreciate your concern for my well being. My initial attempts consisted of trying to buy it thru my dealer and calling the 1-800 number and going to any other authorized source I could think of. I became aware of its existence only very recently and you can imagine my surprise and disappointment to learn that there is no stock anywhere - for a machine I've had since day one. If you know of someone that has a used copy they wish to sell please let me know. Most likely there must be someone that has a copy they don't want or need anymore. Regards,

#7 ·
Don't worry - I am not taking it personally and I know you would help if you could. However , I doubt MBNA would go after someone willing to pay for any copy of a discontinued manual for a discontinued model. The W163 is a series they would probably rather just forget about anyway. I don't want to take work away from any dealer but as my machine ages, it would be nice to read for myself what a potentially large repair job consists of before the repairs begin. Over the last almost 16 years I have exclusively gone back to the original selling dealer for service and am overall very happy with their work. They have shown me the file they have on my machine and it is approaching 3" thick. Wonder how many others here can say the same ? One could argue that perhaps the main reason for existence of this website is help those who want to learn more about their machines and service them on their own rather than going to the dealer. As MBNA apparently does not object to that, it is hard to imagine why they would bother with me.
Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.