Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Thanks

545 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jetpilot718 
#1 ·
I am new to forum and I want to thank everyone for their contributions they have helped me immensely. I own a 2002 ML 320 with 150,000 miles. When I started working on it there were 5 codes P0131, P0151, P0300, P0306, P0400. The right front O2 sensor had been replaced and the code hadn't changed. (Just before I got it.) I changed the spark plugs and the wires to eliminate any chance of that being a cause. They were original I put in Bosch just like stock. Wires were 90$ and plugs 7 each. Then I removed the egr valve pipe and it was about 40% plugged I cleaned it out and applied vacum to the egr valve with a piece of hose and my mouth and it moved freely seemed good to me. Then I removed the throttle body and cleaned it it was really bad on the back side of plate I seem to have a rough idle still it seems low to me about 750 rpm?? I will drive it more and see if I get codes to reapear. When I was test driving it there was power steering wine when turning the fluid level is good. So I have it right front wheel on a ramp sitting overnight. I am thinking I got air because the filter needs to be replaced. I looked everywhere for leaks and found none. I also looked for air intake leaks and found nothing.The seal around the intake housing and the throttle body seems iffy. I sprayed throttle body cleaner around it with the engine running and no difference in idle. Well that's where I am at at this point I am going to inspect the catilitic converters tomorrow. Any ideas on the low rough idle. Thanks! I updated my user info did I get it right? I now have P0400, P0131, P0137 codes. I removed and cleaned the EGR valve. I spent alot of time trying to find a vacuum or unmeasured air leak and didn't find one. If the O2 sensors are bad can that be the cause of the low/rough idle??

See less See more
#3 ·
This, because it will greatly help out when we try to troubleshoot issues for you, and welcome to the forum!

I'm new here also, but not new to forums for other makes and models, but I will say that there are very very helpful and knowledgeable members on here, 43sqd included, who devote hours out of their day to helping complete strangers.

It's a great group on here, thats for sure! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.