Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What is this?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BigMikeT57 
#1 ·
This is located under the front passenger seat. What is it and what is it used for?

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's the TeleAid module. In the good old days, it was able to detect when your vehicle had crashed and could phone up a call center to have an ambulance dispatched to your location, even if you were unconscious or trapped. The technology has been superseded and is no longer supported. (The device will still attempt calls, but there's no one at the other end to answer it.)

To replace this state-of-the-art piece of kit it cost over $2000 including labor. --> Search Mercedes Auto Parts like 2038203985

#6 ·
Or you can use a cassette insert as I did in my command module and feed the wire out of the faceplate on the side and then connect it to the iPhone. It's cheap it's simple and it's reversible. Besides no one uses cassette tapes anymore and very few will admit they even have them (I do they make great coasters). ;-)

#10 ·
Hi all,
I just came across this modern marvel tonight. I pulled the passenger seat out to give the carpet a good cleaning.

Can I discon & remove it for cleaning without any problems?

I assume so, but I thought I'd ask the experts before I muck it up!

Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.