Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MCS Navigation in a 1998 ML???

681 views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  Lexobenz 
G
#1 ·
I know it has been covered before, but it was so long ago I'm unclear... Can a 2000 nav MCS be installed in a 1998 ML, if so what addtnl' parts are needed?? Thanks very much!!

G
#2 ·
I have never seen an MCS installed in a 98, however, the Nav that was offered in the 98's sat on top of the dash. Don't think many people purchased them but I do remember seeing one in a dealer demo when I purchased my 98 ML

G
#3 ·
Yeah, I've seen the dash top mounted ones, I would like to use the 2-din mcs.. and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible, and if so what additional parts (antenna,speed sensor thing,etc..) I would need... Thanks!

G
#4 ·
Probably possible.

I am in the middle of installing a 01 MCS/NAV into my 99 ML320. The problem is the antenna and the VSS wire( it tells the NAV how far you have gone). The antenna is easy as aftermarket is easy to install and cheap. I am taking the ML to the local stereo place to have the CAN-BUS intallled to try and hook up the VSS wire. It is technical but email me in about 1 week and I will let you know if it works or not.<br> <br>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.