Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

is there a goup buy in the 2002 halogen lights?

687 views 7 replies 0 participants last post by  Neicey 
G
#1 ·
please email me at dannyben@ucla.edu , letting me some info on the group for the 2002 halogens..thanks

G
#3 ·
Re: Yes, there is...

Drew,<br> I did that but they do not want to sell the lights for $365. After a long conversation, they gave me a 10% off. Final figure is $387 for the lights + shipping of $16.

G
#5 ·
I am soooo confused.! I can no longer keep silent..what is the difference? halogen vs bixenons??????????!!!!!!!!!!! Which ones are currently standard on the 02 M class? What headlight is on previous year's models??? Are the bixenons clear in appearance?? Are the Halogens more projective??? Trust me I am not the only one who is confused. <br> <br> Heavy, heavy sigh

G
#6 ·
Standard on the ML are the halogens. Today's choice for automobiles are pretty much halogen or xenon technology. Halogens provide quite a decent amount of light. However, xenon lights create light that is much closer to daylight (sunlight). As such, the xenon headlights provide better visibility.<br> <br> Although, my historical knowledge is not up to stuff, I believe that the prior model year MLs offered a single xenon headlight (low beams, right?). The 2002 model introduced bi-xenons. Both low and high beams are now xenon. The xenons are available as a standalone option or part of the sport package (again, correct my vague memory on this if I am wrong).<br> <br> From direct front inspection, you cannot tell the difference between xenon and halogens (that is, if you stand back and just look at the vehicle from the front). But, when the lights are on, you will see (from the drivers seat) a rather daylight look to the world around you. Oncoming traffic will notice a slight bluish tint to the output of the headlights. This is due to the color temperature generated from the xenon gas being excited in the bulb.<br> <br> I am trying to do this from my research and memory (since I cannot get to mbusa.com). I hope this helps.<br> <br> As a point of note, my 2001 ML430 came standard with halogen headlights. I have since updated my headlights with the 2002 halogen headlights. The benefit of the 2002 headlights is the projection pattern. It is much more directed and brighter in my opinion (of course, I have upgrade to the VisionPlus bulbs).<br> <br> pmo

G
#7 ·
Re: Here you go..........

The Bi-xenons have both low and high beams in the bright white sometimes bluish light. The halogens are on all MLs. But, new for 2002 are the projector halogens and Bi-xenons. They have a more obvious cutoff point of light. Hard to explain but, you can see the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.