Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes loaners

917 views 6 replies 0 participants last post by  Michael L 
G
#1 ·
Hi All,<br>
<br>
When I purchased our MB vehicle, I was told that I would have access to a loaner (e.g. Honda) when I bring our vehicle in for service. I was told this past Saturday that my dealer will now give me a MB as a loaner, but that after 4 yrs from purchase, they will no longer honor the original agreement. My question to all: Is this Legal? Can they just decide that they will no longer honor the original agreement? <br>
<br>
Any comments or information would be useful. Someone at the dealership told me that they may try to work something out, but it did not sound promising.

G
#2 ·
My dealer also has a fleet of 01, ML's, E Class and C Class. They even loan to people that did not purchase from them and make no issue as to how old the car is. Since 1998 I have never had a problem getting a loaner from them and have never had to wait more than a couple of days to schedule one. In emergencies, one is always available immediatly.

G
#3 ·
From my understanding, it is dealer dependent. I have taken my vehicle into 2 different dealers located in my area (by the way, they are both owned by the same company). One dealer indicates that they provide loaners for warranty related work. The other dealer indicated that they do not provide loaners. It is quite unclear to me whether or not MB is providing any compensation to the dealers for warranty work. Apparently, some of you have outstanding service centers and are getting vehicles (and in some cases MB vehicles). In my case, I had recently had a Mitsubishi Gallant. Quite unsatisfactory, IMO.<br> <br> pmo

G
#5 ·
From what I have been told MB will provide partial compensation to a dealer for providing loaners to customers and in the case of those that provide a fleet of MB vehicles, will give the dealership a deal when purchasing as loaners. In the case of my dealership, they maintain a very large fleet of MB's, maybe 50 to 60 vehicles. Another local dealership makes the same MB loaner promise but I understand they have less than 12 vehicles

G
#6 ·
As indicated in the prior posting's link...<br> <br> 'Dealers make every effort to accommodate each client's needs by providing alternate transportation any time a vehicle is dropped off for servicing. Participation and transportation programs vary*.'<br> <br> *See your local MB Dealer for details.<br> <br> Alternate transportation means either a ride to some destination (and often a pickup to retrieve my vehicle) or a loaner vehicle. In my case, no MB fleet, just Enterprise rent-a-car cheapies!!!<br> <br> pmo

G
#7 ·
I had a dealer ready to drop me off at Enterprise till I mentioned the other dealer in town gave out rentals. Managed to get a Sable. blah<br> <br> The other dealer in town gives out rentals without question but it is whatever Enterprise has in stock.<br> <br> Rentals vary dealer to dealer. Just like the extended warranties. I'm past the one year so I have to get a non-Mercedes warranty. Called three dealers and they all offer different warranties with a price difference of up to $1500!<br> <br> Michael L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.