Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Questions about rear fog lights

1K views 20 replies 0 participants last post by  Drew 
G
#1 ·
This is the first time I look at my rear fog lights and notice something that may not be normal. There are 3 sections of rear lights: top red, middle white, and bottom red. Top red is break light, middle white is backing up light, and bottom red is night light.<br> Here is my question. When I turn on my rear fog lights, I see the bottom red gets brighter and only on the driver side. Is this normal?

G
#5 ·
When driving in the US its the left rear that is in the most vulnerable position. If you have ever driven in heavy fog/very low visability and you approach a Benz from the rear the first thing you see is that left rear fog light, quite a while before you see the other rear lights. It does work.

G
#9 ·
And also when you park the car in the fog......

the left rear side is the easiest side to get hit :)<br> To anwser Mclass's Q, I think if it's on both rear side it's damn annoying for other drivers from the back.

G
#10 ·
Re: why won't they....

The simple answer to MClass Q's is if MB has two rear fog lights the driver behind you might think your foot is on your brake and you may get some lights flashing behind you.

G
#16 ·
Re: why won't they....

In addition to the other responses, I believe that one bright light on the left side will get other driver's attention more quickly than if both rear lights were bright

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.