Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

BAS/ESP Light

1K views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Tim in San Diego 
G
#1 ·
My BAS/ESP light came on today, while any light on the console would alarm me I remember someone saying that this usually meant that the system needed to be reset and that you can do it yourself. Is there such a way or should I bring it to the dealer?<br> <br> Thanks <br> Jamie<br>

G
#3 ·
What year is your ML? It happened to mine during my first year. It came on when I hit a close to 7K miles. The dealer replaced some kind a switch and brake Sensor. I'm with sosh take it the dealer.

G
#7 ·
Thanks for all of your help. It sounds like I need a check-up at the dealer and will call them in the morning.<br> <br> Thanks again, for your help and timely responses.<br> <br> Jamie<br>

G
#10 ·
Worked on my ML....

When I had the battery fail on my '00 ML430, the roadside breakdown guy came along and changed it (btw for a 'real' made in Germany battery). Noticing that the BAS/ESP warning light was now lit, he simply turned the steering wheel from lock to lock and it magically reset itself !<br> <br> Tim in San Diego

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.