Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2002 ml320 bait & switch

1K views 16 replies 0 participants last post by  ERIC 
G
#1 ·
I just took delivery of a 2002 ml320 with the luxury package, heated seats, sunroof, and bose. The wood trim in the catalog is totally different from what was delivered to me. The cover for the center cup holder on the console, and the controls for the rear climate control were deliverd to me in cheap, ugly black plastic, not the beautiful polished burl wood as shown in the catalog. As the owner of several other MB's I cant believe MB would try such a cheap tactic to cut back on costs. Has anyone else noticed this? If this problem isn't resolved, I'm filing a class action suit on behalf of other ml320 owners who wish to get involved.

G
#2 ·
Re: 2002 ml320 bait & switch

I recently picked up my 2002 ML320.. I think if you read the fine print the wood cover on the cup holder comes with the sport package (or some other package) I dont have it in front of me. I was also informed by my sales person when he described the different models and packages. I will look for the information when I get home and post the results.<br> <br>

G
#4 ·

The rear CC control has been a topic so many times on this board, why the MB did not put a burl wood cover to that area. AFAIK manye folks who own the 02 model already file a complaint to MBUSI and until now I haven't heard a fix for that issue.<br> <br> And Congratulation by the way. Enjoy it, the ML is a very fine vehicle.

G
#6 ·

we all feel your pain. i believe we have discussed this issue here already.<br> <br> as far as law suit, read the fine print at the back of brochure:'mb reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice.......'

G
#8 ·

Yes, had a local Mercedes dealer mobil service installed at my house. Took about 45 min. It is not hard but tedious. You need to know exactly how to remove these things or it will take you hours try to figure out how they were put together. Good luck

G
#9 ·
Re: I think you need to double check the brochure. MB is not ....

I just checked the catalog again, it shows it with the ml320 with luxury package, my salesman verified this information too. Even though the fine print disclaimer states they reserve the right to make changes at anytime, There are no other changes on any other models, and besides, on the back of an airline ticket, it disclaims against death, but people still find the airline liable for damages...........discaimers mean nothing when a consumer is decieved.

G
#11 ·
Has anyone else noticed this change

I believe MB made noother changes to any ofthevehicles this year, unless somebody knows something that I don't. I wonder wht has been changed that we can't see

G
#12 ·
Re: you don't need to double check, the brochure is misleading...

In the state of NY, anytime a manufacturer misleads a consumer, regardless of the disclaimer, the consumer will always prevail

G
#16 ·
Eric, I am interested in pursuing.

Before I order my '02 ML320, I checked with MBUSA and an analyst (I have his name somewhere) told me the wood trims in question are part of the M1 package. Of course, that is not the case.<br> <br> I was working with JohnN earlier re: this. I don't think we got a response from MB. I am persistent, so let me know how you would like to approach this. ;-)<br> <br> Enjoy your new ML!

G
#17 ·
Re: Eric, I am interested in pursuing.

I have been in contact with a local news agencey who may do a story on this issue. They agreed it is a classic example of bait and switch, they have been rather diligent researching this issue, and hopefully this adverse publicity may entice MB to give us what we bought. I'm also in the process of filing a complaint with the NY state attorney generals office. I will let you know what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.