Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sun Roof Wind Deflector Spring Arms

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  adias 
#1 ·
First few sunny days since I road registered my ML55 and I opened the sun roof today to discover that the wind deflector doesn't pop up on its own. Seems my car is minus the two spring arms (see photo) which push the deflector upwards. Odd that they are missing.

A bit of web searching suggests the arms may not be available separately to the air deflector (part number 1637800044 labelled as part 11 in the second photo).

Does anyone know if the two arms are available separately (part number?).

Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Jim.

#7 · (Edited)
Both. The big end with the square clips are stationary. The small end has a slot that glides back and forth on pins mounted to the deflector.

I removed my wind deflector on my 98ML when one of the clips came off. I removed the wind deflector on my 05ML when I got home the day I bought it.

There's got to be a gazillian posts on Benzworld on the subject of broken or dislodged wind deflector arms jamming the sunroof.

[EDIT] the plastic pieces at each end of the arm do not slide back and forth on the arm itself.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.