Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Upgraded stock ML430 to Bluetooth

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Daniel 
#1 ·
I finally dragged our 2001 ML430, kicking and screaming, into the modern age by installing a Bluetooth adapter to replace the stereo phono cable that I had tucked up under the center console for connecting audio players.

I installed a Fusion MS-BT100 in the ML, connected to a previously installed hard wired FM modulator. So far, the adapter seems to be working great. I chose this adapter as it does not require any switches or such to initiate pairing. It seems to be always in pairing mode if it's not connected. You simply pair with it and play.

As it's installed underneath the glove box, there is nothing to see. I've got it wired to ignition power and everything can be removed, leaving the car completely stock.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Mars478
#3 ·
Sorry for the late reply - I'm not on here as much as I used to be :).

I bought a JVC hardwired modulator from Crutchfield back in the day. When I checked a while later, they weren't stocking that model any more. The main reason I chose it, was that it auto-senses the input signal, so no funky switches to mount to turn it on and off. You'll have to look around and see what's available these days.

The JVC simply plugged in-line between the existing antenna and the MCS unit. When there's no signal connected to its input, it's like it's not there, and when you connect a signal, it turns on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.