Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

VIN Decoder

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Raya 
#1 ·
Several times this year I've used the Russian VIN decoder listed in the Sticky threads above to get a full listing of options installed etc., against a VIN.

This is the subject decoder : VIN Decoder

I've just noticed that the decoder no longer provides this info - it just gives engine, transmission and a few other serial numbers and some dates ..... no options whatsoever. So it's now somewhat useless.

Does anyone have a link to a useful VIN decoder?

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Art. The VIN of interest :

WDC1631742A249347

If it's not too much trouble can you run these two as well please (I have the options list from the Russian decoder as I enquired some months ago, but the EPC data card may have additional info) :

WDC1631572A486168

WDC1631572A546173

Does EPC hold any data on my old girl? :

#7 ·
Thanks Art - much appreciated.

#8 ·
Thanks DrX. Niot sure that this actually works. Produces a lot of info in either Russion or Macedonian, which wen put through a Google translator doesn't seem to provide options info. Did it work for you.

#9 · (Edited)
It works as well as any Russian VIN decoder would be expected to. After you select the model year (pre-/post-MY2000), you have to click on the button at the top right to get the datacard.

Even art's datacards contain inaccuracies. For example, 744 is obviously the paint code for brilliant silver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.