C1529 code - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 2000 ML320, engine code 172300
Premium Member
C1529 code

I got the software on Friday, along with the enhanced Mercedes option. I've gotten to the point where I read all the codes that the dealer can, but a regular code reader cannot. Very nice to have this information at my fingertips now, any time i want it.
Looks like I have some work to do to figure out troubleshooting for each of these.
The fuel trims are pending, no engine light yet. This has been a problem child for a while now.
C1140 - not sure, perhaps the steering angle wasnt reset when the battery was last hooked back up.
C1529, C1332- no clue yet
B1858 - not sure, perhaps another screw up from the shop that recently installed a new AAM for me
B1470 - confirms the empty reading whenever I fill up, my guess is the resistor wiper needs cleaned, if not, then the fuel pump/sender needs replaced.

Amopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Premium Member
C1529 code

I am trying to determine the troubleshooting steps for this code.
I have looked them up on Alldata and show them here:

I am not certain what each of the columns mean on the second image, there is no header information. This is probably clear to someone who is familiar with the MB troubleshooting.
Does it mean to check the resistance between pins 56 and 55 on the N47-5 (ESP module), with the ignition off, and then expect to see a value of 1-2 ohms?
If not, then check the wiring A7/7?

edit: looking into this more, it would seem that I need special tools to do this troubleshooting, and pins 56 and 55 are actually on the socket box you need to connect. Any comments?

Last edited by Amopower; 06-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 02 ML320
Starting from the 3rd column from the left is incorrect info. M/B supplied. They refer to B43 as the Solenoid Valve but in actuality B43 is the Lateral Acc. Sensor, so ignore that.

Also ignore the numbers 55 and 56 as they are the testing ports to be used with the M/B "break out box".

2.22 an 2.21 refer to the connector #2 and the wire #22 in that connector that should be tested. In this case #22 is Org. and #21 is Red.

Finally, if the resistance values are not valid then they are directing you to inspect the wiring from A7/7y1 which is the Solenoid Valve #14 on the Brake Booster or replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
C1529 code-n47.jpg   C1529 code-2012-06-10_041126.jpg   C1529 code-2012-06-10_041440.jpg  
43sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Premium Member
The BAS/ESP light came on again today during driving, but when I went to hook up the scanner later tonight, the light was off. I retrieved the same set of codes as above.
Is it normal that certain codes are sporadic and not consistently set? Should I pursue the above troubleshooting, or wait until the light is steady?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 02 ML320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amopower View Post
The BAS/ESP light came on again today during driving, but when I went to hook up the scanner later tonight, the light was off. I retrieved the same set of codes as above.
Is it normal that certain codes are sporadic and not consistently set? Should I pursue the above troubleshooting, or wait until the light is steady?

Did you clear all the codes prior to yesterday's BAS/ESP lights coming on? If you did, tell us the process of how you did that?
43sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43sqd View Post
Did you clear all the codes prior to yesterday's BAS/ESP lights coming on? If you did, tell us the process of how you did that?
No I did not. At the time I was not sure how to clear them. I have attempted to clear them tonight, by reading all of the codes as above, and then clicking the "Clear" button:

I clicked Clear, and all codes were cleared except the ones under the "ASR" and "BAS" categories, leaving me with C1140, C1159, and C1332. I am not sure these types of codes will be able to be cleared by this software, so at this point I will go back to the software manufacturer and ask.

I also had the option to go into the ASR and BAS categories separately, and clicked Clear. It asked me to cycle the key off for 10 seconds, which I assumed meant move key to position 0, wait ten seconds, and then turn back to Position 2. It still gave the same complaint as above, so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or they do not support clearing these particular codes.

Last edited by Amopower; 06-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Amo you are clearly a little scared with this software as i would be too ,but good on you for trying. When you get into it let us know what you think of it. Just don't press that black button.
megadamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Premium Member
Well I don't want to just randomly try things without knowing what they will do. I would not have thought that clicking the "Clear" button under the MIL light would clear stored or pending codes that are not illuminating the MIL, but it does (well, some at least). I think they chose a bad choice of words there.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class