My twin cam Harley takes 20w50, lots of chrome<br>
polish and someday, 1st place! Daytona (bike week)<br>
in 29 days. I don't think I will see many MLs<br>
unless there towing a Harley. And I can bet the<br>
bike is worth more than the ML.

G
#3 ·
Check w/your dealer...

With the temps. that you folks have in the winter,<br> my guess would be the Mobil1 tri-synthetic formula 0w-40. I would consult your service dept. <br> Your miles also are a factor!<br> <br>

G
#5 ·
Re: Is there a different list for Canada?

No, it's pretty much the same. However, some dealers may also use some sort of Euro-blend 5W40 oil, which is also acceptable. If you want to know exactly what goes into your vehicle, it is better to bring your own oil, which is what I'm doing at Service B in a couple of weeks time. Already have my 8 litres of Mobil 1 15W50 from Canadian Tire ($24.95/bottle, IIRC).

G
#6 ·
See list at Wolfgang's site below

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html<br> <br> scroll down until you see the lists under the MB Sheet Numbers. Choose your favorite brand in a weight which has a viscosity no lower than the lightest recommended oil which, I think is, Mobil 1 0W-40<br> <br> In terms of the original list sent out by MB, Castrol Softec and Shell Helix are not available in the US.

G
#7 ·
Re: Is there a different list for Canada?

Drew, excuse my ignorance but is that $24.95 per quart?! ALso, I currently have a blend (Quaker State 4x4) in mine. If I go full Synthetic, should they flush? (got this whitish build up on the inside of the oil cap as well).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.