Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Floor Mats

880 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Speedi 
G
#1 ·
I want to get floor mats for my '02 ml320. I want the heavy duty variety (like the ones in Harrington or Autosport) that are custom fit. I have java interior. Any suggestions?<br> Cole

G
#2 ·
Weathertech all the way...

I got the java mats and cargo liner for my 02. The cargo liner even had cutouts for the third row seating (which I have) that the OEM ones didn't.<br> <br> A tip - if you head over to http://www.autoaccessory.com, they're still having a $20 off $120 sale (using coupon code X1U) and you get the best price I could find for them.<br> <br> They're heavy duty, look nice, and are tan colored (which again, the OEM are not).

G
#3 ·
Re: Weathertech all the way...

I have the catch alls and the fit is pretty darn good. I like the carpeted look myself, but love the way they hold moisture and you can hose them off. I can post pics if your interested in how they fit my 01 ML

G
#4 ·

<br> What do you mean by OEM? I checked at autoaccessory and their front and rear weathertec mats are 79.95 and the cargo is something like 89.95. <br> Said they would honor the coupon but where did you come up with $120.00?<br> Thanks!<br> cole

G
#5 ·

Cole-<br> <br> I posted that the Weathertech's are available with a coupon for $20 off $120 - not that the total would be $120, but that you could take $20 off whatever the total was.<br> <br> As far as OEM - it was a comparison between the Weathertechs and the OEM mats. I didn't purchase the OEM mats, and the post was with regards to Weathertech, not OEM.<br> <br> Sorry for the confusion.<br> <br> -J

G
#6 ·
Whoops - maybe I misunderstood this time...

did you mean what I meant by OEM?<br> <br> Original Equipment Manufacturer - in this case, meaning the mats sold by Mercedes (I'd say produced, but sometimes, OEM doesn't mean the car manufacturer made them, it just means they sell them for use on their vehicles - like the Meguiar's wax rebranded for MB).

G
#7 ·
Anyone know if it will fit the ML55?

IIRC, there is some clearance between the floor and the spare and between the spare and the wall - should be more than enough to slip a rubber mat under (I'll check the dimensions this weekend). Anyone know if there are other fundamental differences in things like the shape of the wheel well, etc., that would prevent the installation of a ML320/430/500 WeatherTech?

G
#8 ·
John - Are you able to use the third-row seating...

with passengers, while this cargo liner is in place? I too have the M7 package, but have stayed away from a cargo liner because I was under the impression it would interfere with the footwell of the “way-back� (as my kids call it). How’s the baby doing - getting any sleep?<br>
<br>
Jasman<br>

G
#9 ·
Re: John - Are you able to use the third-row seating...

Jasman-<br> <br> She's fine, thanks for asking! Sleep - lost you - what exactly was sleep again? :)<br> <br> As far as the footwell - the cargo liner is a lot less rigid than you'd think. With the third row seating deployed, I have two options - one, remove the liner before I put down the third row. This isn't too difficult, since it takes all of 2 minutes to put in and take out the cargo liner. Two, to put the seats down, and let whoever sits there put their feet over the cargo liner. It's not that uncomfortable, and you have carpet protection in half the footwell area, which is a plus.<br> <br> I think it's good - the only caveat - using the cargo liner while the third row's deployed, and bending it out of the way, results in the cargo liner being bent for a few days (since it's thinner than you'd think, it doesn't regain it's form immediately after laying it flat again). This isn't much of an issue to me, but YMMV.

G
#10 ·
<ul><hr><i>Originally posted by Cole</i><br><br><b>I want to get floor mats for my '02 ml320. I want the heavy duty variety (like the ones in Harrington or Autosport) that are custom fit. I have java interior. Any suggestions?<br> Cole</b><hr></ul><br> <br> I got the weathertech mats for my ML with the charcoal interior... they look great with the little red stripe going around the outside of the mat. These suckers are HEAVY and DEEP, too. I like'em and I think they were worth the $$.<br> <br> - Speedi<br>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.