Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

TeleAid

664 views 6 replies 0 participants last post by  Keith 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone locked in on the additional 4 years of teleaid for $625? Do you think the prices will drop or go up in the future?<br> I think it is a great service but Big Brother is out there!<br> Feldman<br>

G
#2 ·
Renewed my E320 4Matic at I believe $225 per year for another year. ML is not up for renewal yet. Did not know they offered a 'deal' on 4 year renewal. Is this new?? Have never used either one but feel pretty good having it in spite of the fact we have cell phones.

G
#3 ·
With regards to 'Big Brother'...

I don't think I'd worry too much about that. Like anything, of course, they can track your usage. If that bothers you - you'd have to toss your phones, computer, etc. - everything's trackable these days.<br> <br> The only case where I could see you'd have a privacy issue is if you were wanted for some type of crime - and they could track down your car. In that case, you'd want to ditch Teleaid. I don't think I'm going to OJ myself down the freeway any time soon though :)<br> <br> Big debates on that, with regards to TeleAid, EZPass - but I think people don't realize just how badly their privacy is already being imposed upon. You would basically have to live ala Kaczynski in order to have any privacy these days.

G
#4 ·
I locked in either 1 or two more years myself. If you sell your car it can be transferred to a different mbz w/ TA. I have used my TA to unlock the car once(for fun), and once to report a wreck. I was on backroads and had no clue what the name of the road was or even what town I was in. They knew right where I was and contacted the authorities. It is great peace of mind.

G
#5 ·
The new policy is that MB will only locate a vehicle after.....

a police report is filed, and they will only give the location to the police, as MB found that in a rare circumstance an owner was actually calling not to locate a 'stolen' car, but to locate their MIA spouse! (LOL -- I heard a couple of interesting stories from the Manhattan MB dealer)

G
#6 ·
I like the peace of mind too - think about the whole air bag deployment issue. Just the fact that seconds after an accident, someone will be calling and getting me help makes the car that much safer. Every second wasted after an accident can make the difference between life and death. Just hope I never have to use it.<br> <br> Has anyone tried the concierge service? Dunno why, but I haven't tried it yet, despite having been in a very unchartered part (to me, at least) of NJ, and looking for a restaurant.

G
#7 ·
The only reason I would choose to continue with the Teleaid is for the air bag deployment feature.<br> <br> The main reason I will not is due to marginal cellular coverage throughout the US. I feel safer with my Iridium phone with me. I can't even get my cell phone to work in my business park, much less in the boonies.<br> <br> Now, if Teleaid was satellite technology for communication that would be the best.<br> <br> Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.