Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wood trim on ml320

961 views 7 replies 0 participants last post by  Orlando 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone know why there is no wood trim around the back seat passenger air and window controls and on the big cup holder sliding compartment on the 2002 ml 320's? In the brochure the wood is there. Was this missed by the factory or what?<br> thanks<br> Lamar

G
#2 ·
Lamar, I noticed that as well. I thought it had something to do with the cloth seats but I saw a new 02 320 at the dealer on Tuesday, fully loaded, and it also did not have the wood on the rear console control area. I'm sure the earlier 2002 320's had it. Cost cutting???

G
#3 ·
The brochure has wood but it never made it into production for the 320 (and the brochure has a disclaimer). I think JohnN wrote a complaint letter to MB, but I don't think a positive response from MB will result.

G
#4 ·
Actually - good time for an update on that...

I did hear back from MBUSA - but not much. Just that they'd look into it. According to them, changes were made prior to the vehicle going into production, and the catalog does mention that they're not responsible for last minute changes.<br> <br> They didn't close the door though - when I mentioned that all we'd be interested in was that one piece of wood behind the console, the rep told me they'd look into it.<br> <br> Any 02 320 owners that want in on the complaint, please e-mail me with:<br> <br> Your name<br> ML details (when purchased, last 6 digits of VIN)<br> Any comments you want added to the complaint<br> <br> And I'll provide them to MBUSA along with the initial 6 respondents.

G
#6 ·
Yep - which is why I asked...

for the ML500 part to put on my ML320. It's not like I'm asking for a new engine, so I think if MB sees a fair number of people complaining, they'll give it to us, rather than piss people off.

G
#8 ·
Re: Do the 2002 ML500s and the 55 have the wood piece?

Sorry for the blank post above, but I just returned from LA and I am a bit tired. A consolation about the plastic cup holder cover is that the G-500 also has the same plastic cover on its cupholder in the center console, which is also smaller than on the ML. It appears that the ML-500 is the only one with the wood cover. At least the plastic cover is more functional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.