Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Got to thinking more about the whole NavTV thing...

630 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  bjwebster 
G
#1 ·
seeing as those guys say they have a 'module'...<br> <br> After seeing pics of the MCS in the Nav install docs, I can't imagine where they would possibly add a composite video input to the MCS.<br> <br> Think about it - if they were to get the arrows working to switch between video sources, it would either mean that:<br> <br> a) They managed to convert the MCS to some other market MCS, which allows for video input.<br> <br> b) They've hacked the MCS software, and added the required composite inputs, and software functionality.<br> <br> I highly doubt they've done either. Does anyone know if the MCS allows for an input video signal in other markets, and if so - if the arrow keys are used to designate the source displayed on the screen?<br> <br> Wish I could find a beat up MCS to play with.... Anyone know the hardware platform for it? (processor, OS (if applicable, probably some form of embedded RTOS). For all the work people do dumping timing chips to enhance engine performance, I wish someone would dump the MCS for a quick looksee...

G
#2 ·
i heard that the european nav systems have a video input or has an extra button that can accomodate a video signal option. my friend has an s500 that he had shipped here and he's got video running on his oem nav screen.<br> <br> btw, the screen resolution is incredible.

G
#3 ·
european ML's have command and from what I understand, have video input. Our mcs does not from what I understand. The s also has command, so yes it could have video. But the US command in the s/e/etc. does not have video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.