whats with the censoring???

960 views 11 replies 0 participants last post by  2G430 
G
#1 ·
[No message]

G
#9 ·
I find this difficult to believe, since

JohnN just said:<br> <br> comments deleted? Sorry - I can't believe you there<br> <br> in a different thread.<br> <br> Prove your post has been deleted. Give me the link.<br> <br> There is no way JohnN is wrong. Again. Today.<br> <br> No way.

G
#10 ·
Re: I find this difficult to believe, since

I used the harsh word 'damn' on the MBCA and some jackass edited that out. Brings us back to the '50s when Rhett Butler (Clark Gable) was nearly edited for saying damn. What extremes!

G
#11 ·
Theres a huge difference in censoring things on topic etc. and what got deleted. Personal attacks,etc. that are as petty as to make personal insults to eachother have no place here. We all have to remember that this is OUR community and what we say reflects upon us. Some things that were said reflected poorly upon us as a whole. I found myself yesterday defending this community when attacked, but if we have threads like the one that was censored, we are no better than anyone else. Lets get back to the topic at hand, our cars, and take everything alot less personally.

G
#12 ·
hey bj...

i admit the topics quickly turned into mud slinging and i wasnt too surprised that it got deleted (after the fact). <br> <br> forums like this seem to function well, when people realize when comments are better left unsaid. someone (i wont mention any names) seem to have a habit of replying to posts with more criticism/sarcasm than anything else. sure we are all entitled to our own opinions but where do we draw the line? when challenged or disagreed upon, this individual replied with things like 'exercise self control and dont reply to my posts'. isnt that a little hipocritical? i think most would agree that if we dont have anything good to say or add to the post, then to 'exercise a little self control' and dont say anything at all. that doesnt mean to NEVER express our opinions but there is a time/place for it. a little tact helps too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.