Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Has anyone shut the engine off while still in park? I left the car in a rush yesterday, Is it bad?

631 views 8 replies 0 participants last post by  noelb 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone shut the engine off while still in park? I left the car in a rush yesterday, Is it bad?

G
#2 ·
Park? Or do you mean drive?...

I've left it in Drive by accident a few times before. It won't allow you to start the engine unless you're in neutral or park. In fact, Can you even remove the key if you're still in Drive?

G
#5 ·
Re: Has anyone shut the engine off while still in park? I left the car in a rush yesterday, Is....

I'm always in a rush to get out of my ml ... when i reach my desintation. I have accidentally left it in drive many a time. I don't think it's bad ...? just that you can't take the key out...<br>

G
#6 ·
yeah

I'm always in a rush to get out of my ml ... when i reach my desintation. I have accidentally left it in drive many a time. I don't think it's bad ...? just that you can't take the key out...<br>

G
#8 ·
To the best of my knowledge ...

No. These things are so computerised now that it is very difficult to do any wrong. As you noted you could not pull out the key. This is a safety measure so that you don’t leave the vehicle with the potential of rolling away. That I believe is a federal requirement.<br> <br>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.