Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

URGENT Parts swap 2001 ML320 TO 1998 ML320

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  cmitch 
#1 ·
Experts ok my friend 2001 ML320 with 100,010 miles was totaled out in an accident. I have a 1998 ML320 WITH 145,000 miles. What parts are interchangable off the 2001 that will fit my 1998. I need to know what to take off before it goes to the salvage yard. The truck is in my garage. I am thinking engine, transmission, cats, AC Compressor ect. but not sure what is interchangable.

#2 ·
Careful what you pull...most insurance companies will take money off a claim because peices are missing. I would gut the interior...and any easy peice I can...then sell it here or on Ebay.

Also, please update your CP to include location and vehicle. Thanks! Good luck.

#3 ·
Anyone else?

#4 ·
Take all interior parts and swap them with yours...or at least as much as possible. If your truck is running fine, I don't know if i'd mess with the engine and tranny. You never know how long his engine and tranny will go for.

#7 ·
Come on Pointman...you're not being very helpful in HOPE's attempt to defraud the insurance company :D

#8 ·
No fraud here, my friend own the truck. He did not have full coverage and already setteled with the insurance company. Again just need to know what parts are interchangable from a 2001 ML320 to a 1998 ML320. ie engine, trans, power steering pump, alternator, AC Compressor ect.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the good advise. I am in the process of taking off the most common items that needs replacement. No sure if I want to tackle the engine and tranx yet. The urgency is to get the vehicle out of the garage, strict homeowner association.

#14 ·
Hey ben...I bought one (grey) at the dealer for $50...FWIW. Nice to see someone else in MD area BTW.

#15 ·
Benjamin the interior is black, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.