Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

anyone got a parts list for adding MCS to a '99?

796 views 10 replies 0 participants last post by  bjwebster 
G
#1 ·
my boss just bought a '99 ml320 and wants to add the nav system to it. I know it's going to be pricey, and I warned him, but he still wants it. <br> <br>

G
#5 ·
It's probably more than 3K, but will be cheaper if you get a used MCS on Ebay, for example. It shoudn't be too difficult to install since everything should plug right in. Check out Frank's retrofitted MCS in his CLK.

G
#6 ·
I bid on one on Ebay but a Benz mechanic told me that the whole thing was insane for me to even consider on my same vintage ML as yours. It was going cheap too. I love my Garmin handheld GPS and take it on my boat too. <br> <br> Not that I know anything other than that which the mechanic told me, I wouldn't mind maybe having it but I didn't feel a 2k with it was needed for my uses.<br> <br> Good Luck!

G
#7 ·
Im confused... what year is your ml? If it 2000 or later you can simply add on the nav module. I have a 2001 and have the nav module. Your post confused me in that your mechanic said it was insane? You said your ML was same vintage as mine?

G
#8 ·
Go aftermarket...

for the same $2-3k, you can get the Alpine DVD based navigation system. If you go to a decent installer, they can probably make it look almost stock. It's the same unit (albeit DVD not CD) as the OEM (ok, same manufacturer and probably virtually the same firmware).

G
#9 ·
I was responding to the creator of this string, a Felix who has a '99, I am not sure why the string went from Felix and his '99 to yours, I have no idea about your vintage but was given the advice on Felix's as well as mine.<br> <br> Good luck.

G
#10 ·
thanks all...

I didn't realize the stock system was CD-based rather than DVD-based. If I can get a used stock system for him reasonably priced, we'll go that route. Otherwise, it's aftermarket Alpine DVD time.<br>

G
#11 ·
I posted something trying to help, you responded to felix off of my response not his original thread start which alludes to you responding to me, not felix. You didnt have your year model posted and I was just trying to help you with what I know. My year and model is listed so I was just trying to get the facts straight so everyone was on the same page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.