Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1997 W210 E320, 1999 W163 ML430, 2002 W203 C240
Location: Los Angeles Killa Cali
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
DIY Rack and Pinion seal replacement
This DIY is for the 4 rubber O ring seals (#137), located on the attached pdf.
1. use a jack to lift truck. secure truck with jack stands on each side of the truck.
2. use a 3/8" socket wrench and a 15mm socket to remove the star cap (#135).
3. use an oil pan to catch any dripping fluid.
4. use needle nose pliers to remove the black rubber O ring seals from the hub.
5. replace the 4 rubber seals (#137).
6. replace the cap (#135).
7. refill your power stearing ress with MB power stearing fluid.
8. Crack open a beer and relax, you just saved $600 from the dealer.
Total cost of this DIY ($15.00).
Life is the thing that gets in the way of plans.
Last edited by DETANE; 05-12-2009 at 12:25 AM.