Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Transmission problem ml320 2000

15K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mattml430 
#1 ·
Hello I am new here, I bought an Ml 320, last year and I have been very happy with it, with minor problems, today while going to my inlaws the trasmission started working funny, when it changes from 2nd to 3rd it waits there for a while and then changes gear, any advice on that subject, it has 102K.

#2 ·
Please update your profile on the left to include the year and model of your vehicle.

In all probability you have trans. oil that seeped past a faulty O-ring at the 13 pin electrical connector at the transmission. Remove the plug and check for oil. If present spray both the plug and cavity with brake cleaner, dry completely and then take for a ride. If the shifting is noticeably better then you will have to buy a repair kit for the plug at the dealer.

Attachments

#3 ·
Thank you 43sqd, I have updated my profile now, for the ML 320, I have found the plug, and it does look like it has some oil at the external edge, however it is difficult to get it out and I would not like to break it, is there a fixing ring or something like on the plug ?
Thank again.

#5 ·
I finally got it done, then I replaced the oil that had fallen, then I went for a drive and the problem has gotten worst, I think the tranny is shot, it does not make the change anymore, would it be the oil, it also has a hissing noise. what else can i check. Thank you

#8 ·
ml320 transmission oil leak

I've got a problem with my ml 320 1999,the problem is that i've got a big transmission oil leak ,the technician told me the problem inside the transmission maybe the oil pump or the torch and he should open the transmission to decide what is the problem ,I need to know if this problem happend with anybody and the man is saying the truth ,thanks.

#9 ·
re

if it is a big transmission oil leak it sounds like the parking cable is leaking.look at the back of the transmission on the drivers side and see if fluid is leaking there. if so it sounds like the connection where the parking cable attaches to the tranny is leaking.

I've got a problem with my ml 320 1999,the problem is that i've got a big transmission oil leak ,the technician told me the problem inside the transmission maybe the oil pump or the torch and he should open the transmission to decide what is the problem ,I need to know if this problem happend with anybody and the man is saying the truth ,thanks.

#10 ·
Hello , i own ml320 model 2000 , today i faced a problem with the transmission , i turned on my car and shifted the transmission on drive mode but my car wont move , so i truned it off then turned it on again and it moved can you tell me what is the problem that im facing ? Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.