Resetting Service Indicator ML350 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2008
Resetting Service Indicator ML350

Hello Folks,

I recently changed the oil on my 2003 ML350 (didn't take it to the MB dealear) because it was due for the B-service (double wrench) and I am wondering if I could get any help/ advice on how to clear the service indicator.

I tried to follow the instructions in the owner's manual but was NOT successful after numerous attempts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.......
alonzofynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: ML320
If you follow the instructions in the owner's manual exactly, you should be able to clear the service indicator, eventually.

That said, I think some ML on-board computers might be a little "touchy" that you might have to reset it serveral times before it would clear - case in point, my wife's uncle and I both have the same model year ML, however, I could clear my SI the first try but on his, I'd have to reset it at least 4~5 times before it would finally take, go figure.

Maybe his (and your's) have a "flakey" computer.
joeml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 2007 Mercedes ML 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzofynn View Post
Hello Folks,

I recently changed the oil on my 2003 ML350 (didn't take it to the MB dealear) because it was due for the B-service (double wrench) and I am wondering if I could get any help/ advice on how to clear the service indicator.

I tried to follow the instructions in the owner's manual but was NOT successful after numerous attempts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.......
Hello,

I found it very hard to find the instuctions to reset my service indicator. They are several conflicting instructions and none of them worked on my ML 350 2007. I finally found this:
make sure car doors are closed,
Place Key in Position 1
Cycle cluster screen to the Odometer
Push R button 3 times

use arrows to get to the service items menu. Service 1, 2 3 (or ABC)
you can scroll through from there. I was dissapointed that so many forum members said it was in the service manual that came with the car. FSS reset information was NOT in my service manual . My manual said it could be done, but did not give instructions on how to do it. It said to refer to the SERVICE INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
Which does not come with your car.

Thank you BRIAN_74 I found these instuctions that you posted. You are a life saver
relaxnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 02 ML320
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxnow View Post
Hello,

I found it very hard to find the instuctions to reset my service indicator. They are several conflicting instructions and none of them worked on my ML 350 2007. I finally found this:
make sure car doors are closed,
Place Key in Position 1
Cycle cluster screen to the Odometer
Push R button 3 times

use arrows to get to the service items menu. Service 1, 2 3 (or ABC)
you can scroll through from there. I was dissapointed that so many forum members said it was in the service manual that came with the car. FSS reset information was NOT in my service manual . My manual said it could be done, but did not give instructions on how to do it. It said to refer to the SERVICE INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
Which does not come with your car.

Thank you BRIAN_74 I found these instuctions that you posted. You are a life saver
You are on the wrong forum.

W164 M-Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum
43sqd is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class