Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FSS Oil change reset, still cant get it ML320 2002

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SXRIDE 
#1 · (Edited)
Good morning All,

Just wondering if someone can help me out .... This is for a 2002 ML320.
I did my oil change (myself for the first time) and Im having trouble resetting the service odometer.

Sorry to post this, since I know there are already postings on this but I already read and printed those instructions and postings, even the one from 4x4 .... basically everyone has the "turn your key to 2 position, press odometer 2x within 4 sec, so on ..... still no luck. I also looked in my owners manual and cant find any reset instruction.

- Does anyone know where in the owners manual I can find the instructions?
- Is there a different one for the 2002's . What am I missing from the instructions posted in the forums?
- Has anyone done this on the '02? Is there anything particular that I need to do? Some even told me to make sure I dont have anything else turned on (like lights and stuff) when doing this. Did that and still nowhere ...

Thank for reading and your patience ...

See less See more
#2 ·
The counter can also be set by any
individual. To do so:
1. Turn electronic key in steering
lock to position 2.
2. Within 4 seconds press button (1)
twice.
3. The present status for days or
distance is displayed.Within
10 seconds turn electronic key in
steering lock to position 0.
4. Press and hold button (1), while
turning electronic key in steering
lock to position 2 again. The pre
sent status for days or distance
is displayed once more. Continue
to hold button (1).
After approx. 10 seconds a signal
sounds, and the display shows 10
000 miles (Canada: 15 000 km).
5. Release button (1).

#4 ·
I know in the sedans that you have to have the door closed to reset the FSS... at least in my car I do

#5 ·
keep trying as

per instruction above. I just did mine this weekend and I tried 3x before I got it set.

#7 ·
I tried the door just out of curiosity and it works with the door open, but in my cars the system need to be in "sleep mode" meaning all the lights and displays off, before I can start the reseting.
With open door it just takes longer to put baby to sleep. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.