#1 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 ML320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up I have working power and heated seats!!!

For those of you following my interior upgrade project on my ML, the good news is that I have functioning full power and heated leather seats were before I had manual, non-heated, deteriorating vinyl/cloth seats. The new seats look and feel great. The bad news was that this was not a DIY job. Sure, it started off easy. I pulled out my original seat, found the exact match female wire harness under the seat, plugged it in, and then easily mounted the seats. I then added the missing relay socket, relay, and fuses. As for the heated seats, after I removed the MCS and the wood trim there were the two harnesses for the heated seat switches. I purchased two new switches and then went to work on the wood trim piece with my dremmel. The switch bracket was right there but there was no hole for the switch so I had to make two of them. Pretty straight forward job, just go slow, then I installed my switches and put it all back together. Even the light for the heated seat came on but I had no heat and no power to my seat adjustment. For that I had to visit the MB dealer for help. There, seat guru Dave figure out the wiring, add a harness that was missing from behind the interior fuse box, and repined some of the existing harnesses. I could not have done this. It took 5 hours and cost me $500 but I’m okay with that. We’re keeping the ML for a few more years and having these features added to replace pieces that were wearing out will make the next 5 years more enjoyable. And I only paid $350 for the entire interior. Thanks to everyone who helped me with advice on my install. Now onto the door panels and the rear seat. I’ll post some before and after pictures once I’m done.

2002 ML320, black, inspiration leather interior, 7 passenger seating, MB DVD system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congratulations! -- I was wondering what had happened. I sure you will enjoy the Leather, Power and especially the Heated seats.
Mike
#3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 ML320
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, it took a day or two before "Dave the seat Guru" freed up. Thanks for all your help Mike!!!

2002 ML320, black, inspiration leather interior, 7 passenger seating, MB DVD system
#4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Congratulations!! If I recall correctly you bought Inspiration Edition seats, right? It must be stunning.
#5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 04:26 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1998 ML320
Hey Jeff, out of interest did you buy the entire seat or just re-cover the existing one. The reason I ask is that one of the seat motors for the power adjustment in the passenger seat is broken and MBSA tells me they will only sell me the entire seat adjuster which is about $2200! So was pretty surprised to see your $500 price tag...

Which leads me to a little rant - this is the second time where MB's parts stocking policy makes the cost to repair literally 1000 times more than it should be. I've had the plastic clips on the sunroof wind deflector go and they'd only sell me the entire deflector assembly at $100. Thats at least $99.5 more than if I could just replace the clip. Needless to say I don't have a working deflector...

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.