Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes M-Class Edition10 review

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Sanpareil 
#1 ·
Here's a new review on the Edition10 model of the Mercedes M-Class, with info on performance, design, and other features, as well as a photo gallery.

"To mark the tenth anniversary of the M-Class, Mercedes-Benz is presenting the limited edition model “Edition10”. In addition to the regular model, the special edition is marked with “Edition 10” badges on its fenders. The anniversary edition also contains a long list of features and distinguishes itself through attractive exterieur design elements. Customers can order..."

Here's a link to the full article:
Mercedes M-Class Edition10 - Top Speed

And to the photo gallery:
2008 Ford Explorer wallpapers and high resolution photos - Top Speed

See less See more
#3 ·
I just don't find that rear end attractive at all. And I don't like that the cup holders are so prominent in the vehicle. I like that the 163's cup holders are low keyed, only there when you need them. This looks like it was designed by someone who frequently 7eleven for their big gulp!

#4 ·
Bogie said:
I just don't find that rear end attractive at all. And I don't like that the cup holders are so prominent in the vehicle. I like that the 163's cup holders are low keyed, only there when you need them. This looks like it was designed by someone who frequently 7eleven for their big gulp!
The ECE version is much better. It has a cover that flips open (spring loaded I think) when you need it, and closes when you don't. Acts as a nice little holder for things like coins too and the cover than hide it.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164-m-class/1265728-cup-holders.html?highlight=cup+holder

#5 ·
The new M-class has been described as "a car designed around a pair of cupholders".

Another gripe is the way the high side edge of the seat jabs one in the butt when sliding in or out of the vehicle.

DelJ

Bogie said:
... I don't like that the cup holders are so prominent in the vehicle. I like that the 163's cup holders are low keyed, only there when you need them. This looks like it was designed by someone who frequently 7eleven for their big gulp!

#11 ·
Bogie said:
Banglelised???

All I can think of is the girl group, The Bangles... ???
Chris Bangle. Chris Bangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally, some of his designs have grown on me. The ones that haven't are the X3, 5-Series, and 6-Series. Some of the models he didn't design, but rather supervised...but still people call them his.

The BMW models in general (since Bangle joined) that I like are:

E46 facelift

E90

E92

E67

E53

E70

#12 ·
Bangle was the head of design at BMW, and the reason the new BMW's look like Lexus's.(worse!) BMW thought Lexus (and Toyota) was leading the world in sales because of their designs, but in reality it is the perception of customer service and reliability. (Notice I said perception, as I don't want to get into a debate over this.) Hence Bangle decided to go the "Japanese" looking route to try and capture the "new generation" of car buyers. The designs went over fairly well in Europe, but upset many loyal BMW owners here in the U.S. You might hear terms like "Bangle butt" in reference to the 5 series' ugly ass rear end, etc. I personally almost vomitted when I saw the new 5 series. It is so ugly I couldn't believe my eyes. On the upside it gave me a reason to purchase a new Mercedes to replace my 5.

As a side note I believe he is no longer in charge of design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.