Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

LIFT KITS FOR THE ML?

17K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  EddieBenz 
#1 ·
Okay so I've done some searching...and I cannot seem to find anywhere that has lift kits for the ML320, that is still up and running. So I guess Wolfgang or anyone for that matter...I am looking for a kit that would make it look more unique- you know a nice lift not too tall and bigger tires- not the usual boring but still stylish ML. Because after all this is my daily driver. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

#3 · (Edited)
jeffreyb said:
MPG drops significantly!
A portion of your loss in MPG will be attributed to the fact that the larger tires cause your mileage to be off. You may travel 300 miles on a tank, but your odometer will show that you only traveled 270 miles (bigger tires give you more linear travel with fewer revolutions, so it looks like you traveled less). Instead of seeing 15 mpg (300miles/20 gal), you will see 13.5 mpg (270miles/20 gal).

It's not as bad as it seems. Plus, if you're under warranty, since your odometer is reading low, you will have your warranty longer than if you recalibrated the speedo/odometer. Of course, if you don't like this, you can always have it recalibrated to match your tire size.

If I over-explained this, please forgive me. It after lunch and I'm so sleepy that I can barely understand what I am thinking. I have a lot more to say, but given my state, I'd better let it rest. *yawn... SMACK! head hitting desk*

#4 ·
Bogie said:
If I over-explained this, please forgive me. It after lunch and I'm so sleepy that I can barely understand what I am thinking. I have a lot more to say, but given my state, I'd better let it rest. *yawn... SMACK! head hitting desk*

no, no your explanation is very much helpful and educative. pls stop these silly excuses and say as much as you want. i enjoy reading your posts :thumbsup:

#6 ·
jeffreyb said:
For a daily driver I would crank up those torsion bars and space out the rear springs. I put much larger offroad tires on mine. MPG drops significantly!
That's all you need, you can upgrade to Bilstein HD shox. MPG is not affected, like it was explained before. I experience a 5% difference between stock and large wheels, but I couldn't care less, just when speeding on the freeway.

#7 ·
JTDUKE said:
Okay so I've done some searching...and I cannot seem to find anywhere that has lift kits for the ML320, that is still up and running. So I guess Wolfgang or anyone for that matter...I am looking for a kit that would make it look more unique- you know a nice lift not too tall and bigger tires- not the usual boring but still stylish ML. Because after all this is my daily driver. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!!
Like this?

Attachments

#8 ·
Very nice

Hey daveN - I really like the look of your ML! So nothing bad happens to the ride? no death wobble at higher speeds or anything? Was that lift achieved only by adjusting the front torsion bar and rear springs + tires? what size and brand are those tires by the way? did say it looks really nice? I'll being using your ML as a model of what to shoot for on mine.

Thanks

#9 ·
Dave, what happened to the DV Challenge video? Can you send me a copy? I can't find it on line anymore, and I can't find the pics anywhere. do you have them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.