Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Ngk Sparkplugs

993 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  springerfever 
#1 ·
Ngk Bkr5egp Sparkplugs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if anyone had used these plugs before on their ML. Just ordered 16 of these from Summit Racing for $2.99 each. Great price on a quality platinum single-electrode plug.

The Bosch 4's I installed 70,000 miles ago have given good service but recently I have detected a little hesitation on medium throttle and just a slight roughness at idle. I ran some Chevron fuel-injection cleaner through that might have helped some, but I still have noticeable roughness. These are the original wires/coil packs on my ML with 259,000 miles so I'm hoping I won't have to replace those.

Just wondering if you folks were familiar with the NGK brand.........

#3 ·
Installed the plugs this morning. A definate improvement in idling and pickup. The Bosch Plus 4's I removed were in decent shape and all plugs had the same look...no oil and light tan at the electrodes.

Hoping to do a detail tomorrow ( its been a looooong time !!!) and hopefully she'll be ready for a few more miles...

Took about three hours to remove coil packs, remove plugs, install new ones and clean up. I could have probably done it in half the time, but I spend a lot of time thoroughly cleaning everything. I also removed the K&N filter, cleaned it, reoiled and reinstalled.....all is good !!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.