P0410 Secondary Air INjection System Malfunction - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good thread to help sort through this problem. Our 1997 E320 had this error code. Checking the connectors and lines first, I found the rubber air hose dangling below the air pump - fix was simply a tie-wrap to clamp it back on. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2008
Hello I have the same Problem. Are there brushes in the pump that can be replaced
#33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 02 ML320
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harness24 View Post
Hello I have the same Problem. Are there brushes in the pump that can be replaced
Yes there are.
#34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2009
thank you guys for the info, I recently fell into the same problem, it's all good now
#35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 1997 c280
Okay I have the same issue with my mercedes, except my air injection pump turns on when cold, but keeps turning off and on even after car is warmed up! What would keep the pump running when not supposed too? do you think it needs cleaning out, or is there a sensor etc that should shut it off? Have had this issue since buying the car, and have replaced all sensors etc, like o2 sensors, crank sensors, cam sensors,etc. So any suggestions, obviously the pump is working if its going on and off, but why is it coming on after car being warm. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
#36 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 02 ML320
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
sodaman, please update your profile for proper info.

Click on USER CP.
Click on EDIT PROFILE.
Scroll down to ADDITIONAL INFO. And fill in the year and model of your truck and where you live.
#37 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:31 AM
BenzWorld Member

well i dont have a truck, i have a 1997 mercedes c280. So can anyone help on why my air injection/infusion pump is coming on and off even after the car is warmed up? is there something that is supposed to keep it shut off after warm up? Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by sodaman; 10-07-2010 at 06:37 AM.
#38 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaman View Post
well i dont have a truck, i have a 1997 mercedes c280. So can anyone help on why my air injection/infusion pump is coming on and off even after the car is warmed up? is there something that is supposed to keep it shut off after warm up? Thanks for any suggestions.
On M104 engine air injection is quite different. Same function but placement of components and routing is not the same.

Read this thread for possible explanation why pump comes and goes with warm engine.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163...ystem-diy.html

Search W202 and W210 forums as those vehicles use M104 engine.

MERCEDES-BENZ: Head Gasket Replacement

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
#39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Well thanks for all the suggestions. I cleaned my air pump filters on the bottom out, that didnt fix it, all hoses were good. finally im like it has to be something stupid, so i started checking all the vacuum lines etc. Well in the C280 the pump has a electronic diverter valve that sends vacuum to the shut off solenoid. I checked the vacuum line on the intake of the diverter valve and there was no vacuum present. so i chased the vacuum line down to the intake where it plugs into a t-vacuum section. I unplugged and of course felt plenty of vacuum, so then i new there was something wrong there. I chased the hard vacuum line that goes under the Magnetic Cam Sensor and low and behold the vacuum line was pinched between the sensor and the head. I could not believe it was something as stupid as that. So I undid the sensor replaced the vacuum line after putting the sensor back on, fed it back over to the intake and wallah, air pump is no longer running off and on. Hopefully this doesnt happen to anyone else.
#40 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 2001 CLK 320 and 2002 ML 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hi,

My CEL just appeared and I found out that it was a P0410 Secondary Air INjection System Malfunction. I just need to know what this is exactly. If I drive it will it cause for more problems? Also, how can I fix it, is it a severe problem?

Thanks!!!
Had the CEL P0410 issue..................cleaning this that and the other then clear the code and and still CEL P0410 returned. Finally took out relay (K28) clean up the connector pins a bit and replace, cleared code and WALA no more CEL P0410.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.