Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hey Daniel...Detailing item's...

900 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Daniel 
#1 ·
Thanks for compliments on the "55"..Yes..l am a little "anal"....about keeping it clean...though, our Canadian winters are killing me.Most importantly,l am a Meguiar's guy, always have been...My system is quite simple..
1.Meguiars's car wash..
2.Dry with the "Absorber"..a sponge cloth...
3.Paint cleaner....(Deep Crystal system)
4.Polish....(Deep Crystal System)
5.Wax.....(Deep Crystal System)
For the tires..l use Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance. lt is tire protectant gel...lt lasts for weeks, and l don't experience the "tire whip" syndrome with spray on products...Nothing worst, than washing your "baby", and you come home, and all the tire dressing is down the sides on the vehicle...this doesn't happen with the gel product..For the rims..l only use the car wash product on it..l've never tried the rim wax...My rims never get dirty enough. As for the interior..l only use "Lexol"...wonderful products...l never use anything on the dash..l use a micro-fiber cloth, which l keep in my glove box, and wipe the dash every time, l get in..takes two seconds...Lastly, l use a product called "lnvisible Glass" by Stoner for the windows...again..excellent product...Though l use newspapers to wipe the product off, whereas paper towels leave to much lint..[:D]O.K....l think thats it....Forgive me... l'm off to take my "Prozac" now...[;)]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
4benzes - 12/17/2005 8:47 PM

CRod:
You always have her looking so nice Bud! I always use Meguiars also. I have them in my wax cabinet, in order #1-#2 --- etc. My wife very rarely frequents the garage, but is sure to say "why cant you keep the house as clean as the garage"[:D]
"Here..Here.."these chickies are so demanding..."[:X]

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I am also a Meguiar's guy, (except for a brief stray to Finish First when everyone was raving about it a few years back on the R170 forum [:)]).

I have been using the Endurance tyre gel for years now, and I really like it, for the same reasons you mentioned. I have been using Meguiar's NXT stuff (wash & Tech Wax) recently, but I don't use it often enough. Previously I've had good results with the Hi-Tech Yellow Wax from Meguiar's.

I am expecting a Porter Cable orbital buffer in the mail next week, and I already have the Meguiar's recommended Speed Shine and buffing pads to give my car its first machine polish. I paid about the same for the orbital buffer and supplies as one trip to a good detailer.

What I plan to do is wash, clay, machine polish and wax. I hope to remove some swirl marks and try to get the paint back to showroom new. I sure hope the weather works with me to allow me to wash the car [:)].

For the interior, I use a damp microfiber cloth, and for dirt I use the cleaner (not rejuvenator) from Leatherique - that stuff is truly amazing. I have stopped using anything but these items on the leather, for fear of damaging the finish.

I'm going to try to make our Azure Blue 2001 ML430 have a shine like yours soon [:D].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.