Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

German Front Plate Holder ...

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  ttaleric 
#1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get a front plate holder made for the longer german plates ?? Thanks !! [:D]

#3 ·
Great !! Thanks .. where are you located and how much ?? [?]

#4 ·
Careful! I had the german plates, now the swiss .... The swiss rear one looks similar but is slightly smaller.

MLOffroad, If you really need a German ones I can buy them here (black plastic, or chrome) and send them to you! I think however that I saw german ones on ebay.de!

The swiss front one is a mini plate compared to german!.

http://www.matrixcar.de
Chose the American flag->Type in search box "plate"
Chrome license plate

Best.Nr.: R230EX-10
Unser Preis: € 20.00
26.00 $

Attachments

#5 ·
Thanks for the info and link, but they only seem to have a chrome plate holder. Where can I get the OEM one that come on the Euro (German) model ML's ??

#6 ·
OEM?.... Usually each dealer has a black plastic plate holder that he puts on when he sells the vehicle!.... I'll give my dealer a quick riung to see if there is such a thing as an OEM plate holder!.

... ok here is the story....

Every MB sales office supply the original german number plate holders for free!. The catch is that it contains the sales office and phone number on the lower edge of it.

It is also possible to get one without the "advert" on it. I talked to Rolf Schweizer of the Freiburg Sales Office, and he told me he would organize a non advert plate for you for FREE!.

rolf.schweizer@mercedes-benz.de
Part No: 481 0400 (Normally 3.41 Euros)

Mercedes-Benz Niederlassung Freiburg
der DaimlerChrysler AG
St. Georgener Str. 1
79111 Freiburg
Service23600et@Mercedes-Benz.de
Tel. (0761) 495 - 604   Fax (0761) 495 - 660
Internet: http://www.Freiburg.Mercedes-Benz. de

Send him an email, He is waiting for it! I warned him it would be in english! (No Prob!)

cheers

#7 ·
Thanks pleubner ... I appreciate it very much !!

#8 ·
Let me know how it goes (email, etc...) in case I need to get involved again!.

PS: If you've sent the email, I can still pick it up and send it to you (you pay the shipping!).

PS: You might even want a sindelfingen one, or even a stuttgart one! Would be unique to see one of those in the US with the phone from HQ on it!

regards

#9 ·
pleubner - 7/20/2005 9:10 AM

Let me know how it goes (email, etc...) in case I need to get involved again!.

PS: If you've sent the email, I can still pick it up and send it to you (you pay the shipping!).

PS: You might even want a sindelfingen one, or even a stuttgart one! Would be unique to see one of those in the US with the phone from HQ on it!

regards
I have not e-mailed him yet... but is it possible for me to just paypal you the cost of shippment for it and you can pick it up ?? I would be more than glad to pay extra for your efforts. Please let me know via PM if possible. Thanks !!

#11 ·
I already saw them as well, what concerns me though is the fact that it may not contour properly to the ML bumper. So to be safe I wanted one that was designed for the ML. If you wouldnt mind I would still like to go for the one you can source for me. Thanks !!

#13 ·
Not that it's got anything to do with me, but....

Are you guys talking about the same thing? There is one part that is an MB part that mounts to the bumper and is specifically made for each vehicle model. I seem to recall that this is body coloured.

Then I bought an OEM license plate holder that forms a frame around the actual license plate and mounts the plate to the ML. This last frame or holder was bought to replace the cheap plastic ones the dealer put on, with their name & info.

I presume that you will need both the holder and the frame if you want to mount European plates.

#14 ·
RE: Not that it's got anything to do with me, but....

Daniel - 7/20/2005 10:11 AM

Are you guys talking about the same thing? There is one part that is an MB part that mounts to the bumper and is specifically made for each vehicle model. I seem to recall that this is body coloured.

Then I bought an OEM license plate holder that forms a frame around the actual license plate and mounts the plate to the ML. This last frame or holder was bought to replace the cheap plastic ones the dealer put on, with their name & info.

I presume that you will need both the holder and the frame if you want to mount European plates.
I think we're talking about the same thing .. LOL

I just need whatever it takes to mount a German plate on the front of my ML .. the US version is just a plastic mounting piece that screws onto the bumper then you put the plate on that surface.

Have fun Scuba diving pluebner !! I wish I could go on a weekday. [:eek:)]

#15 ·
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

Finally after so many weeks of waiting the holder from stuttgart (should have been 1-2 Days) arrived.
--------------------------------------------
Hallo Herr Leubner,
Die Blenden liegen zur Abholung im Teileverkauf bereit.

Besten Dank,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Platzer
der DaimlerChrysler AG
St.Georgener Strasse 1
79111 Freiburg

Telefon: (0761) 495 640
Mobil: 0160/8610247
Telefax: (0761) 495 660
Email : Alexander.Platzer@Mercedes-Benz.de
www.freiburg.mercedes-benz.de

---------------------------------------

Just to check my story (once again) about the plates being free, I asked for some freiburg ones. I got a pair within seconds (From the New Car Delivery - Dept.). They had hundreds just sitting there to be picked off!......

I was very pissed off having to keep nagging the last few weeks. Had I been in Stuttgart to visit the rels, I would have had them sooner.

MLOFFROAD , PM ME with the Name/Address Details! I'll send you the Freiburg ones as well.....

#16 ·
RE: I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

pleubner - 8/19/2005 11:07 PM

Finally after so many weeks of waiting the holder from stuttgart (should have been 1-2 Days) arrived.
--------------------------------------------
Hallo Herr Leubner,
Die Blenden liegen zur Abholung im Teileverkauf bereit.

Besten Dank,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Platzer
der DaimlerChrysler AG
St.Georgener Strasse 1
79111 Freiburg

Telefon: (0761) 495 640
Mobil: 0160/8610247
Telefax: (0761) 495 660
Email : Alexander.Platzer@Mercedes-Benz.de
www.freiburg.mercedes-benz.de

---------------------------------------

Just to check my story (once again) about the plates being free, I asked for some freiburg ones. I got a pair within seconds (From the New Car Delivery - Dept.). They had hundreds just sitting there to be picked off!......

I was very pissed off having to keep nagging the last few weeks. Had I been in Stuttgart to visit the rels, I would have had them sooner.

MLOFFROAD , PM ME with the Name/Address Details! I'll send you the Freiburg ones as well.....
Wow, thanks for all the effort pluebner! People like you is what makes this board great!!

I'll PM you shortly...

#18 ·
RE: I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

Oh I thought I sent you my address.... anyways, PM is on its way right now. LOL

Thanks again!!!

#20 ·
I got the Freiburg ones for free. I thought I would also get the stuttgart ones for free, but when they arrived I was charged 15Euros for them!. §%(=?*'&%§"!#!!!!

I put both of them (4 in total) into a package and sent them to MLOffroad. Shipping was also around 15 Euros.

So the one-time favour to MLOffroad was a FREE 30Euro Present!. You'll however have to forgive me for not wanting to repeat this at no-cost!.

If you want the freiburg ones, I'm willing to send them to you if you pay the shipping!.

PS: Don't know if MLOffroad ever got them, because I never heard from him after the battering he got from this forum. I guess he did, but is still upset from the treatment he got!. Would have appreciated a thankyou at least for the 30Euro Present!!!!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.